John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry

Ipod touch has display that ipod is disabled connect to itunes.

Customer Question

Ipod touch has display that ipod is disabled connect to itunes. when connected to itunes the ipod cannot connect due to password XXXXX but the ipod is disabled an cannot connect.
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is XXXX, X will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Don't forget the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating my service only and not this website itself or your issue.

The following procedure is a special firmware recovery mode (DFU). It will re-install the operating system on the iOS device (iPad, iPhone, iPod touch), clear any pass codes, and then re-sync user data once it is done.

Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer before attempting this:
http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
(Mac users can run System Preferences > Software Update > Check now to get the latest version for their system in most cases.)

* Open iTunes on your computer

* Connect the iOS device directly to a USB port on the computer

* Turn off the iOS device (hold down the sleep/wake button on the top) until you see the red slider and slide the red slider across to the right OR until the device simply shuts off, if locked up.

* Hold down the sleep/wake button (on the top) AND the home button (on the front) for 10 seconds

* Release the sleep/wake button but CONTINUE to hold the home button, until...

* iTunes should pop up and tell you it’s found a device in recovery mode, click ok and continue along for the restore

If it doesn’t work the 1st time, start from the beginning and try again. If iTunes *still* doesn't recognize the device, plug it into a DIFFERENT USB port and try once more.

If you receive misc errors when attempting to install/uninstall or sync after installation, try temporarily disabling any anti-virus or firewall software you may be running.

Hopefully, this info will answer your question and if so please don't forget to rate my service

Register Here
. If you continue to have questions on this topic, do not rate yet, just reply back to this discussion. I will be more than happy to work with you further.

Thanks and good luck,

Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Howdy!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. If you need further assistance on this or other issues, please let me know.

Thanks,
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Howdy!

Thanks,