MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years

i have miss placed my i pod - if i provide a serial # XXXXX it

Customer Question

i have miss placed my i pod - if i provide a serial # XXXXX it be traced
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 1 year ago.

MacTechTrainer :

Hello and thank you for asking your question, with JustAnswer.com/Mac. I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

MacTechTrainer :

What type of iPod do you have if I may ask?

Customer:

i pod classic 160 gb silver

MacTechTrainer :

The only iPods which can be traced I'm afraid is the iPod Touch model series. That is due to the fact they, like iPhones and iPads have the ability to install Apps. One of those Apps is "Find my iPhone" which works with the iCloud application so that you can use the GPS tracking feature on your computer or other Apple device to locate the missing device.

MacTechTrainer :

When it comes to other iPods, there unfortunately is no way of Geo (GPS) tracking those products

MacTechTrainer :

If I may ask, did you misplace the iPod Classic in your home or outside of your home?

Customer:

outside i think it was in my car when it went for service

MacTechTrainer :

Also just one more bit of additional information for you- Apple has no product tracking services if you call them- so that would be a futile effort-

Customer:

technician must have stole it / taken it

MacTechTrainer :

want to save you some time there

MacTechTrainer :

I am thinking the same way

MacTechTrainer :

I would definitely recommend contacting that auto shop's management and advising them of this

Customer:

will do , thank you

MacTechTrainer :

I hope all the best for you

MacTechTrainer :

and remember, only iPhones, iPads and iPod Touch models

MacTechTrainer :

have the ability to be tracked via installed software

Customer:

thanks all the best for 2013 - may it be a blast of a year

MacTechTrainer :

and with a free Apple iCloud account set up

MacTechTrainer :

and may you have a wonderful and prosperous 2013 year

MacTechTrainer :

don't let this issue take that away!

MacTechTrainer :

This may just be a sign that your fortune is going to take an opposite turn-- for the better ;)

Customer:

thanks , cheers

MacTechTrainer :

Cheers!

MacTechTrainer :

Thanks for contacting JustAnswer.com

Experience: Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years
Thank you for the Accept Ebrahim. I hope the information I provided you, has helped you in some way beneficially for this inquiry.

I am always glad to assist, so please, feel free to reply again, if you still have questions regarding the question I just answered for you.

If you are satisfied with the Answer(s) provided you, however, we appreciate you taking a moment to provide feedback of our service, as we are always striving to continually provide the best possible customer service experience for you, here with JustAnswer.com

Thank you for using JustAnswer.com!

Sincerest Regards,

-Terry ("Mactechtrainer")