Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Help! Dropped phone and now it only works if pluggged in with

Help! Dropped phone and now it only works if pluggged in with charger. What can I do?
What model iPhone is it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Iphone 4

Hold the Sleep and Menu buttons together until you see the Apple Logo. Let me know if it will charge after.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Don't know which buttons are the sleep and menu. Again, when I unplug it from the charger it goes dead

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No. Pushed both buttons and got a picture to showed charger cord to itunes symbol

Plug it into your computer and open iTunes. Does it give you any message?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So sorry i'm so lost. oops, suddenly working:) No idea what happened. do you think it will last. unplugged, date correct and all

Great just needed restarting I hope.

If you are satisfied, please kindly Accept and provide OK Rating - or Above. Thanks. If not please Reply to Expert and let me know, I am here until we can fix the problem.