Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

RA - HCH

Unable to use Apple Work Help.
HVURL HandlerErrorDomain1002
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
I assume you mean Apple Works? Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apple Work 6 correct
Mac OS X 10.6.8
2.66 GHz intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
I want you to check some things that may or may not be affecting the situation. It is posted as an Answer because of site rules but it is really just a diagnostic test.

Open Macintosh HD / Applications / Utilities and double click Disk Utility. Highlight your hard drive, usually Macintosh HD, and click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that is OK in green type, then click on Repair Permissions on the left.

Note: If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for taking such time. Had to contact my brother for translation of the English (American) Done according to your suggestion but same problem.

Brothers suggestion: try to find an upgrading of Apple Work 6.

Easier said but done ! / I am 82 so the brain´s not working as on Steve

Jobs, wich book I´m just reading.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok So Verify Disk was OK in green type and then you Repaired Permissions? If so go here and install this:

http://support.apple.com/downloads/AppleWorks_6_2_9_for_Mac

Let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

6.2.9 is already there

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Can you open AppleWorks at all? I would still try reinstalling that again.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Also go to the Apple Logo to Software Update.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No need for any program

Taking a break

Happy New Year

Sverre

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok your help files are corrupt most likely that is why you should reinstall that update for Appleworks. Let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Unable to uninstall.

Åtgärden kan inte slutföras eftersom objektet ”Startfönster” är låst.

The step could not be done as the "starting window" is locked .

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Do you have an install disk for Appleworks?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Do you have iWork?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No. Shall I try the back up ?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
iWork is the modern replacement for AppleWorks which was discontinued in 2004. It will open all your old Appleworks files if they were saved with the neweset version. I suggest you buy that but you can try this:

Drag the whole AppleWorks folder to the Trash then hold down the Option key while emptying the Trash (there are some locked files in the package). If you've never used AppleWorks, that's it, there isn't anything else. If you did use it, there will be an AppleWorks User Data folder in your Documents folder & a .plist & a folder in your Home > Library > Preferences.

Then reinstall from:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I found whar you suggested and took it away.But still the same answer with the "starting window" locjed.

It seems I´m gonna by the iWork as long as I cant uninstall.

Closing for to-day. My wife calls for dinner.

By

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok good luck
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Helloh !

It´s a Catch 22 situation.

I finally could uninstall Apple Work 6 but now I can´t update the 6.2.9 as I don´t have the original Apple Work 6

Tried to find it to download bit it seems it´s no longer exists.

To get iWork I have to upgrade the computer to 10.7.4 (Lion?)

If I do, can I then reach my old apple works documents ?

No everything is shambels.

As I have a backup on my HD I can use that, but I don´t really know

how to do it.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Give me a minute I may be able to fix that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Looking forward to it !!

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok I'm getting it I'll let you know.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
I may not get back to you until tomorrow did you close the question?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I´m still here. You might be asleep.- It´s night over there.

Here it´s time for morning coffee.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Morning !

I copied the Apple Work from my old HD but the same info about the Help

program is there.

Quote; HVURL HandlerErrorDomain1002

It must be something wrong. BUT, I can live with that, so if you can´t

find out what to do about the message I think we close the subject.

Nice hearing from you.

Whish you a Happy New Year

Sverre

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Sorry go here and download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?d7xm22pzh7a2ncb

If you can save all your Appleworks files with the latest version they can all be opened with iWork.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I´m stupid enough not to understand what you mean with saving

the Apple Works files. How to do it ? Where and how?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
If you resave your old Appleworks files with the latest version 6.2.9, then they can be opened with iWork. Did you get the download?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, but it says that it seems like the program is already in the computer.

But to get the iWork I have to run Lion.

Thera are more than one possibility to get it, but wish one should I chose ?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Yes but it is not working correctly right? Replace that version with this one:

And yes you will have to Upgrade to Mountain Lion to use the new iWork.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. That worked OK with the Help.

But gosh, it is an English version !

Well, I save the Swedish version and compare where I don´t understand.

Re iWork and Lion I will see later.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok good luck.

If you are satisfied, please kindly Accept and provide OK Rating - or Above. Thanks. If not please Reply to Expert and let me know, I am here until we can fix the problem.
Mike, Mac Medic
Experience: Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.