Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

Hi my Iphoto has crashed and it wont take new images when I

Hi my Iphoto has crashed and it wont take new images when I import them they disappear and r replaced by multiples of one image of flowers even wen I delete all these identical images of flowers then empty trash they reappear Help!!
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers didn’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, you are rating my Service to you and Not the Outcome of the answer or this website.

We can rebuild your iPhoto Library and see if that works or not..

Rebuild iPhoto Library

1. Quit iPhoto if it is open.
  2. Hold down the Command and Option keys on the keyboard.
  3. Open iPhoto.
  4. Keep the keys held down until you are prompted to rebuild the library.
  5. A dialog will appear with rebuild options. Select all the options/checkboxes
  6. Click Rebuild to begin the rebuild process. This may take a few minutes to complete.

If that didn't worked then rebuild your iPhoto Library with this application, iPhoto Library Manager (just try the trial version) :

Please follow the instructions in here to rebuild your iPhoto Library with iPhoto Library Manager :

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi Ashik,

that didn't work I did the hold down etc then tried the trial rebuild which downloaded then opened Iphoto put some pictures in and the damn flowers which I thought I'd completely trashed and emptied reappeared.........and the photosI'd loaded disappeared.

What version of iPhoto is this ? We can try to manually extract the photos as much as possible from your library

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Iphoto 11 9.2.3.(629.52)

Hi, Open iPhoto while holding down the Option key. Choose create new library and create a new library. Now hide iPhoto (minimize it) and goto Pictures > iPhoto Library. Then right click (control+click) on the library and choose "Show Package Contents". You can see a folder named "Originals". Drag the Originals folder onto the iPhoto icon in your Dock. This imports photos into the new library. Let me know how it goes.
Hi there,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Let me know if you need any help in future...

Best Regards,