Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Hello can you tell me how to see what is taking all my space

Hello can you tell me how to see what is taking all my space on I cloud with my Ipad 2
Thanks
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers didn’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, you are rating my Service to you and Not the Outcome of the answer or this website.

In your iPad, goto Settings and tap iCloud. In there, tap Storage & Backup

You can find what is taking up your iCloud space in there. You can even purchase more Storage Space for your iCloud from there

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have done thT but it doesn't show how much space is taken by what i only have notes, calendar, reminders, contacts and find my ipad on. That shouldn't take 5 GB of space. I don't even have my emails backed up. Don't know if my pics and music are backed up. I know I can buy more storage for 15 GB for $240 qnd don't want to do that. If its my music taking the space can I tr,ansfer it to my ipod and delete it from my ipad to have space. I don't want to delete it if it is not even backed up. HELP PLEASE

thanks

lynn

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Goto www.icloud.com and login to your iCloud account. You can see what is taking up your space there.

It will also take space to store the backup of your entire iPad or iPod

Can't you see how much space is taking by the Pictures and Musics in there ?

If you don't want the Musics and Photos to be backed up to iCloud, you can deactivate it from there.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
15GB Additional Space is only $20/year

Are those Musics on your iPad are purchased from iTunes Store ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The icloud says $240 where do i get the $20 a year?

only 25 songs are purchased. The rst were passed from either my ipod or computer i don't remember

if you can walk me through the $20 year purchase that would be great as I don't have much more time

thanks

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Here it is : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4874

You can even get 50GB for $100 a year : http://www.apple.com/icloud/includes/lightbox-storage.html

iCloud is not that expensive.

25 songs won't take that much space. Do you have any big apps installed ? Did you checked how much space your iCloud is taking to for the backup of your iPad or iPod ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Couldnt find option to see what is taking space need you to walk me through it. Ipad said $240 year my icloud computer says $20 yr but gives no option to buy it. I am fed up. Please tell me step bystep how to ck what is taking my storage and how to purchase more

thx

lynn

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Thats strange. In your iPad, goto Settings and tap iCloud. Tap Storage & Backup. What can you see there ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Total storage 5MB avail 228MB in manage storage it has back ups Lynn this Ipad 4.8 GB Mail 5 MB and change storage plan $240

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Well, we have found out the problem. Your iPad is backing up the entire contents to your iCloud. The iPad's "backup" itself is taking up 4.8GB of 5GB and you have only 228MB Remaining (1024MB = 1GB)

The "backup" include Apps, Musics, Photos and everything on your iPad.

To delete that "backup" backup, select that backup and it will open the Backup in new screen. Tap Delete Backup. See a sample picture below;
graphic

Regarding the price, I will check it and let you know.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
It is very strange that the price is $240 for 15GB. I've searched online and still the price shown for 15GB is $20 per year.

You will have to contact iCloud Support to know about the price. You can contact iCloud Support from here : http://www.apple.com/support/icloud/contact/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok i now deleted back yp. And have set the few things i want but cant find pictures or music.

Do i connect the i pad to my computer to back up in icloud on the computer?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Deleting the backup won't delete anything from your iPad. If you lost any Musics, you can redownload them for free since you already purchased them. See here : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2519

You can backup your iPad to your computer as well on your iPad. See here : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do i back up my ipad with only the things i want
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Do you want to backup to iCloud or to your PC ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Icloud
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
In your iPad, goto Settings and tap iCloud. In the iCloud, you can see your Account name and several options under it like Mail, Contacts, Calendars etc

Turn on Mail if you want to backup Mail. Turn on Bookmarks if you want to backup Bookmarks etc. Repeat the steps for all the items you want.

I'd still recommend to backup your iPad to your PC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok it is now backing up my selections on the i pad

How do i back up to pwindows pc step by step please
Thx for your patience
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Do you have iTunes installed on your computer ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My i pad supposedly finished the back up but i have the 5 MG still available so I don't know if it did it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay...It must be backed up. Now, we can backup your iPad to your PC. Are you using the latest iTunes 11 ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
At least i think so my computer is slow should i open i tunes or i cloud so i will be ready
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Yes. If you are using iTunes 11, open iTunes. In iTunes, select your iPad in the top right. Under Summary tab, click the Backup Now button. See picture below;
graphic

If you are using iTunes 10 or lower, follow the steps below;

Connect your iPad to your Computer and open iTunes. Right Click on your iPad under Devices column in iTunes and select Backup. This will backup your iPad. See picture below;

graphic

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
FYI I just checked on my iPad and the price for 15GB shown on my iPad is still $20/year
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Ashik
My cat was injured and I haven't been on the internet for days. Anyway i figured out why icloud on my ipad was $240 yr. it was pesos even though it didn't say pesos. I was able to change the country to USA in I tunes and am allnset.
Thanks so much for your help and sorry it took so long to get back to you and rate you
Thanks again
Lynn
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lynn, Sorry about your Cat. Hope he/she is fine now. Glad I could help you Lynn.

If you are satisfied, please don't rate me rate me as Positively.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Have a great day,
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Let me know if you need any help in future...

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the follow up. All is fine now. Thanks again
Lynn
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
I'm glad to hear that. Don't forget to let us know if you have any questions.

Take Care,