Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I dont know how this happened but I have a black window on

I don't know how this happened but I have a black window on my screen which is displaying and also using electronic voice to describe any application I am doing.....I must be in another Mode....HELP!!!!! How do I disable this function?
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers didn’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, you are rating my Service to you and Not the Outcome of the answer or this website.

" black window on my screen which is displaying". Displaying what ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It is displaying even the text I am typing. It's an oblong window around 3/4 inch by 6 inches

You have accidentally activated the Voice Over feature of your Mac.

Goto System Preferences > Universal Access > Seeing. Turn off the "Voice Over" from there. The shortcut to turn on and off the Voice Over is Command(Apple) + F5 (or Command(Apple) + fn + F5)

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied