Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Hi there - I am currently running my trusty old Mac OS X 10.4.11

Customer Question

Hi there - I am currently running my trusty old Mac OS X 10.4.11 and finding several sites saying that I need to upgrade to at least 10.5 or higher. I have no idea how to do this and my usual go-to guy is away for the holidays. Panic! Is there a simple point and click way to do this? I'd appreciate any help you can give. Thanks, Mick
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

Could you please give me the hardware specs of your Mac ? Click on the Apple icon an select About This Mac. Click More Info. Copy and paste everything from there to here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I wS able to right click and copy but now i can't seem to paste - the option doesn't appear in the box

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Try using the shortcut Command + C for copy and Command + V for paste
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac4,1

Processor Name: Intel Core Duo

Processor Speed: 2 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per processor): 2 MB

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 667 MHz

Boot ROM Version: IM41.0055.B08

SMC Version: 1.1f5

Serial Number: W860221RU2P

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Your Mac can handle upto 10.6 Snow Leopard, but not the 10.7 Lion and 10.8 Mountaion Lion.

You have to buy the Snow Leopard 10.6 Retail Discs to upgrade your Mac. You can't download Snow Leopard from internet.

You can buy it from eBay.com or Amazon.com for cheap rates

See here : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mac-OS-X-Snow-Leopard-10-6-MC573Z-A-Full-Retail-Ver-10-6-3-/140899875643?pt=US_Operating_Systems_Software&hash=item20ce497b3b

Upgrading is easy, just put the disc to your Mac and follow the onscreen instructions to upgrade.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied

Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Ashik - I'll get the recommended software. Happy New Year!

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
You're most welcome :)

Happy New Year to you too,