Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I receive an error message when opening MAC mail - "mail needs

I receive an error message when opening MAC mail - "mail needs to import messages = click continue to import" . I click and receive the message - "import failed - make sure you have available space in hour home folder." Note that I have an iCloud account.

thanks for any help.

XXXXX XXXXXket
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

What version of Mac OS X are you using ? Click on the Apple icon and select About This Mac

How much space is left on your Mac ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mac OSX 10.8.2

Processor 2.4 Ghz

Memory 2 GB 667 Mhz

Close Mail if it is open. Then in your Mac, on finder, Hold down Option key on your Keyboard, click on Go menu and select Library. This will take you to the Library folder of your User Account. Open Mail folder, open V2, open MailData, delete any file that begins with “Envelope Index,” such as Envelope Index or Envelope Index-shm. Restart Mail

If that didn't work, then again hold down Option key on your Keyboard, click on Go menu and select Library. Trash the Mail folder. Restart Mail (Don't empty the trash)

Let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where can I find the "Go Menu" key?

There is no "Go menu" key. Hold down Option key on your Keyboard, click on Go menu in the top of the screen and select Library under Go menu
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Could find no Envelope Index in Library.

And did not see a "mail folder" although I did see other references to mail in the library.

There is supposed to be a Mail folder. Are you sure you are in the correct folder ?

If you can find a com.apple.mail.plist file there, then trash it