Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  OSX certified, many years experience supporting Apple Hardware & Software

When attempting to print address labels from Address Book (ver

Customer Question

When attempting to print address labels from Address Book (ver 6.1.3) on a MacBook Pro (ver 10.7.5) I can't see the Style Pop-up menu in order make any changes I need. The view in the print dialog box is the 'Show Details' view but I must be doing something else wrong here because I don't see the Style pop-up menu at all.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Steve Herrod replied 1 year ago.

Steve Herrod :

Hi, I'll be happy to help with this issue

Steve Herrod :

Just to confirm when you go to Show Details, is it looking like this but the Style option is missing?

Steve Herrod :

Screen Shot 2011-07-31 at 11.30.17 PM.png
Full Size Image

Steve Herrod :

Let me know

Steve Herrod :

Cheers

Steve Herrod :

Steve

Customer:

Yes - it looks like that except the option on your screen is for envelope printing so I suspect that is the reason for the minute differences. I can send a screen shot of my screen if you like.

Customer:

I meant to add/clarify that I am attempting to print labels not envelopes.

Customer:

Hi - I see you are back. I am here....

Customer:

Here's what my screen looks like for explanation purposes:

Address label print screen
Full Size Image

Steve Herrod :

thanks - apologies for the delay but will be back in front of laptop in next hour

Steve Herrod :

so if printing envelopes I get this

Steve Herrod :

Image
Full Size Image

Steve Herrod :

sorry - that is mailing labels

Steve Herrod :

which is looking pretty similar to what you are getting?

Customer:

Steve,

Customer:

Your image came through with the proverbial '?'

Steve Herrod :

it looks like both systems aren't showing the style pop up box so far...

Steve Herrod :

what options are you able to select from the Style button?

Customer:

I can select (1) Mailing labels (2) Envelopes (3) Lists (4) Pocket Address Book

Steve Herrod :

ok - so what other options have you had before concerning the Style?

Customer:

Can't remember....

Steve Herrod :

I'm checking on 2 different Macs at the moment and both (running 10.7) show the same options

Steve Herrod :

I will opt out and open this to other experts though for their opinion

Customer:

OK - I understand. Thanks. XXXXX need to do anything from here or will I just hear from another expert on this same thread?

Steve Herrod, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: OSX certified, many years experience supporting Apple Hardware & Software
Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the Professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Rachel

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am OK with waiting for an answer. Sorry that it took a while for me to reply but I was sleeping.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I see that his is marked as finished and yet there is a message that tells me a new Professional is being sought to answer my question. I don't think it right that this is a "finished" item under those circumstances and additionally feel that it might make a difference to any expert who might be able to provide a solution.

Thank you!

Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK - thank you.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Greetings,

Thank you for your question and your time today.

My name is Jason and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Do you still need help with this problem? If so, may I remote into your computer and help you resolve the problem? I will send a remote link within minutes after your response, so please keep refreshing the page.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes you may. I will await the remote link.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

AFTER YOU CLICK THE LINK BELOW, you can continue.

Instructions for running the remote application:
- If you are using Internet Explorer, choose to RUN the application.
- If you are using Firefox or Safari, please, open the Downloads window and double click the Elsinore... application. (FIREFOX: In the top menu bar, click TOOLS > DOWNLOADS) (SAFARI: In the top menu bar, click Window > Downloads
- If you are using Google Chrome, please, click the Elsinore... button on the bottom left of your screen after it downloads.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=1f0163f6-771e-4834-bae7-5f51f13b5394&SUPPORT=NET

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When I clicked on agree for the remote application download it told me I needed to have Java Runtime Environment. I clicked OK (I think). In my download box right now (running Safari) I see the Elsinore link and when I double click on it I again see the message "To open this Web Start application, you need to download the Java Runtime Enviroment. Do I need to go find that?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
That means you have to run the Java item that you downloaded and try again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am downloading it now. I see that I will need to close Safari so I will be back with you ASAP.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK - Java is installed and when I attempted, after closing Safari and re-opening it, to run the Elsinore app I received an 'Unable to Launch application" details are as follows:

<jnlp codebase="http://67.192.95.188:8040/">
<information>
<title>ScreenConnect Guest Client</title>
<vendor>Elsinore Technologies Inc.</vendor>
<icon href="Images/WebStartIcon.png"/>
<icon kind="splash" href="Images/WebStartSplash.png"/>
</information>
<security>
<all-permissions/>
</security>
<update check="always"/>
<application-desc>
<argument>?y=Guest&h=67.192.95.188&p=8041&k=BgIAAACkAABSU0ExAAgAAAEAAQAPXd%2BGWHTea1XQ4Fig5wMlUTu6G24vC2qgNxX3hUQqagBpag7Eqk5ke7MRQB3qM6EcCFyNhdxYijifFWDGy83gqNgvtcvvdLErp4yV5s6cBLjxP0g6nvGEdtioYn2aN8sVZK%2F05NXOLgZ3g35JmLyuzdgKeK5 tU0qY5PFBVyfqDK8r8fElbjfReedUU%2BzlGFO3yljRvDr%2BdAL0Vsk1KDwpl13RVOv%2FQfnSkwofG%2BcwhcW%2Fuu0%2BxT3b2TFzeGAxL8wMECuz6yg4gs9P6kHGc4Mrmoegn26rShA8NQbzlxlXuL0RlUl8MsfzbzZa%2F3LQuIiFUSAMrfXDzhe2MeRgbzL9&a=ScreenConnect&s=1f0163f6-771e-4834-bae7-5f51f13b5394&t=sc_user20</argument>
</application-desc>
<resources>
<j2se version="1.5+" initial-heap-size="32m" max-heap-size="512m"/>
<jar href="DANGEROUS URL REMOVED"/>
<jar href="DANGEROUS URL REMOVED"/>
<jar href="DANGEROUS URL REMOVED"/>
<nativelib href="DANGEROUS URL REMOVED"/>
</resources>
</jnlp>

Please note that I also tried the alternate method using bootstrap??

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
I have run out of ideas.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

I wish you luck,
- Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks - I think I need it.

Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the Professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Professional to assist you right away with your Mac issue, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Lindie

Apologies that this has not been resolved yet - I will be working with several different Mac systems tomorrow so will see if I can provide a solution then.

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you - my apologies for not replying sooner but I have been working.

No problem - will send an update later today.

Cheers

Steve
Apologies - just checking and it doesn't look like my update when through.

Have checked with Apple and across several systems now and the dialog box that you are getting is apparently correct and as designed across 10.7 systems.

When you have had different options has any additional software or plugins been installed?

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can't say that I have ever tried this before so the answer would be that I don't know if I have ever had different options. As far as plugins go or additional software I can (with some assurance) say that there have been no changes to that.

Thanks - so are there some specific options you need to see?

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I need to be able to print address labels and without the options I see no way to do that. That is where this all started. Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks - that would be set via the Mailing Labels style.

On the original screenshot you sent it's configured for mailing labels but only showing one item - how many contacts are there? This might be linked to printer settings etc.

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK - maybe I don't know how to select all the address cards within a group? I just tried NOT selecting all within a group and just having the group open (within address book) and then going to print. It looks like it will work that way.

As far as I am concerned this issue is closed.

Thanks!

No problem - that looks like the solution!

cheers

Steve