Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

My Mac is stuck on Firefox. It seems tobe trying to download

My Mac is stuck on Firefox. It seems tobe trying to download something and won't do anything else.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

Is your Mac is frozen ? Are you unable to shut down ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can use Safari but Firefox is frozen. The little spinning icon keeps going but nothing else works.

I entered my email address incorrectly. [email protected]

You can Force Quit Firefox. Press Command + Option + Esc keys on your Keyboard and this will bring Force Quit window. Select Firefox in there and click Force Quit button.

If that didn't work, press and hold down the Power button for 10 seconds and this will turn off your Mac. Turn it back on.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.

Search Firefox in Spotlight search in the top right corner and can you find it ?

If not, download and install it from here :
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much.

You're most welcome :)

Happy Holidays,