Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I opened my imac and am missing a ton of folders from iphoto

I opened my imac and am missing a ton of folders from iphoto and my restore is missing them as well
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

Do you have the backup of your iPhoto Library ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it backs up to a g drive external harddrive.... i looked at that and it said modified on may 20th which is what my iphoto is up until..

What have you tried so far ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I tried to go into time machine and the time machine iphoto libraries say last modified may 20th

Goto Pictures folder and what is the size of that iPhoto Library?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

24,893,794,205 bytes (25.04 GB on disk)

We can rebuild your iPhoto Library and see if that works or not.

Rebuild iPhoto Library

1. Quit iPhoto if it is open.
  2. Hold down the Command and Option keys on the keyboard.
  3. Open iPhoto.
  4. Keep the keys held down until you are prompted to rebuild the library.
  5. A dialog will appear with rebuild options. Select all the options/checkboxes
  6. Click Rebuild to begin the rebuild process. This may take a few minutes to complete.

If that didn't work then rebuild your iPhoto Library with this application, iPhoto Library Manager (just try the trial version) : http://www.fatcatsoftware.com/iplm/

Please follow the instructions in here to rebuild your iPhoto Library with iPhoto Library Manager : http://www.fatcatsoftware.com/iplm/Help/rebuilding%20a%20corrupted%20iphoto%20library.html

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

None of those things worked

What happens when you rebuild with iPhoto Library Manager ? Any Errors ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no. looks the same

How much does it took to rebuild with iPhoto Library Manager ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

??? looks the same

It is supposed to take more than 20 minutes to rebuild the iPhoto Library. Open iPhoto Library Manager, select your iPhoto Library from Pictures folder in there, click on File menu and select Rebuild Library.

If that didn't work, then can you extract the photos from the Library in there ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Did not help and I do not want to conitnue

Could you please tell me why did you left me Negative Rating ? I'm trying to help you. That rating will badly affect my reputation here. Could you please change it to OK Rating and I will request justanswer to refund your account ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That's fine. I did not feel i got good help, I just want a refund

Don't worry. They will give you full refund. Please rate me OK on any of the above answer and I will request them to refund your account
Please let me know if you are unable rate OK. Please stay here until I request refund for you

I wanted to give you one more answer to solve your problem. Goto Pictures folder, right click on your iPhoto Library in there and select Show Package Contents. This will open the iPhoto Library in Finder. Copy the Originals folder from there to desktop.

Then hold down Option key on your Keyboard and open IPhoto. Select Create New Library. Then Create a New Library. Then click and drag the Originals folder to iPhoto.

If you don't want to continue and want to cancel, please rate me as OK Service on this answer and the Negative Rating will be removed from my profile. Then I will request the Customer Service to refund your account. I will really appreciate if you rate as OK. Remember, you will get the Refund even if you rate as OK

Thank You,

Can you please change the rating ?

BTW You can contact the cutomer service's email [email protected] for refund or you can get refund from here : http://www.justanswer.com/refund/refund-1-2/refund.aspx

Thanks for the OK Rating. I requested refund for you and they will get in touch with you.

Happy Holidays,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks!