Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

My ancient eyes arent what they used to be, so I need the

My ancient eyes aren't what they used to be, so I need the screen on my MacBook to be as bright as I can set it. The worst screen is when the power source is unplugged. How can I get a bright screen all the time?
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

Goto System Preferences and open Display. In Display, move the Brightness slider to right to increase the brightness to maximum (This is the maximum brightness you can set)

Then turn off "Automatically adjust brightness as ambient light changes" option in there.

Then open Energy Saver from System Preferences. Select Battery tab and turn off "Slightly dim the display when using this power source"

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.

Hi there,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Let me know if you need any help in future...

Best Regards,