Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  OSX certified, many years experience supporting Apple Hardware & Software
65126503

Hi Steve, Re: putting pictures on eBay, if i take a picture

Hi Steve,
Re: putting pictures on eBay, if i take a picture of iBook G4 w iPhone 5, I hope i can load picture into my photos on MacBookPro. I don't want to do whole eBay thing form my phone. And pic can't go thru Cloud b/c I don't have Lion OS on Mac Book. (I went right to the question sans chit chat so mods wouldn't lock it out) I already wrote bk to you after they "spoke" to you. I started by saying how snotty they are-- and they locked my question out!! Will this count as a new thread? They must have a new employee whose job is to be the thread police.
Holly

Steve Herrod : Got it - will do step by step :-)
Steve Herrod :

I did see the locked question :(

Steve Herrod :

hmmmm...

Steve Herrod :

Ok - on the Ebay question I would do this

Steve Herrod :

1) Take picture on iPhone

Steve Herrod :

2) Send picture via e-mail from iPhone to yourself

Steve Herrod :

3) Access mail on Macbook Pro

Steve Herrod :

4) Right-click picture in e-mail and Save as and save the file to the desktop

Steve Herrod :

That should get the picture safely to the Macbook Pro

Steve Herrod :

and when you start listing on Ebay, ther should be a section

Steve Herrod :

which lets you browse to add an image

Steve Herrod :

and that should then get the image into the listing

Steve Herrod :

hopefully that should be good!

Steve Herrod :

is freezing here :(

Steve Herrod :

Cheers

Steve Herrod :

Steve

Customer:

Hi Steve,

Customer:

Can you re-post your answer? I can't see it b/c it's hidden by the answer box that I'm typing in. I think JA should spend more time making their site work correctly and less time being the Q & A Police.

Customer:

Thanks,

Customer:

Holly

Customer:

All I can see is:

Customer:

What a mess! When I navigated away, JA said I needed to rate your answer. Probably b/c after I told you I can't see your answer, I hit save and exit.

Steve Herrod :

Hmmm - odd... one sec

Hi Holly,

Have switched to Q&A as seems much more stable...

Here is what I posted originally :)

1) Take picture on iPhone
3) Access mail on Macbook Pro

That should get the picture safely to the Macbook Pro and when you start listing on Ebay, ther should be a section which lets you browse to add an image and that should then get the image into the listing

Hopefully that should be good!

Let me know if this comes through ok...

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, this is much better. but, the other format has worked w other experts before so if you like it , try again--- with my next question and we'lls ee if it works better.

Please send smiley faces if you didn't get smiley I sent earlier.

Holly

No problem - maybe I am jinxed....

nothing came through so smilies attached!

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Steve,

Next quetion- send smilies ... do you know if we can put email fm inbox into JUNK on iPad? A g/f's address book must have gotten hacked. I'm getting junk links from her.

I hear if I put these emails into JUNK file, it will discourage hacker.

Still don't like iPad...

Best, Holly

Hi Holly,

Unfortunately the application on the iPad doesn't have a Junk filter capability (don't ask me why Apple haven't ever corrected this).

But in theory if you log on to your e-mail provider's web interface there should be some option to filter these e-mails directly to Junk?

What e-mail address (just the section after the @ symbol) was she using?

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Daily more disenchanted w iPad. What is its point? There is sooo much it can't do!

And, I believe I already whined to you that mine now had spider web (oops, sorry) crack on the edge! Jeez!

Anyway here's the after @ part of hacked e-mail address she used. Actually, it's the address the hacker used, b/c I know for sure that this is not her email address:

bob_fajardo55at yahoo

That's the whole email address. Her name is XXXXX XXXXX bob. She's a former student of mine, now a college grad. I feel so old lol

Holly

PS This annoying, annoying JA site kept X'ing out the email address. so I hand typed it, left out the dot com at the end and spelled out AT to outsmart not smart JA. They make me cukoo!

Hi Holly,

Hmmmmm - not good then... did you get a chance to try Flipboard on it? Don't think I was aware of that web like crack :(

Yes - we're not allowed to show e-mail addresses unfortunately in case we are tempted to use direct e-mail to communicate :)

Ok, so I think the best thing to do with that scenario would be to logon to your e-mail provider and put a filter rule on that address there - can you remind me of your provider again as I can't see the old thread anymore and I'll check the steps?

Cheers

Steve (in Cuckoo land)

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dear Ya Better Watch Out, Ya Better Not Pout Steve,

Refresh me- what is Flipboard?

Now, I see the bogus email address is printed there. Bizarre- or cukoo!

My archaic provider is Optimum. Email addresses end in optonline.net

They're like a mom and pop grocery store competing with Herrod's.

BTW- you're not related, right? Otherwise, why would you put up with JA?? You'd buy them out and make it work correctly!

Send smilies again so we don't get in trouble again Holly

Dear 7 more sleeps to go Holly,

Flipboard is a news based application which takes articles based on your preferences and arranges them into a magazine style format you can flip through and read leisurely.

Ok - for Optimum, if you login to their Webmail here

https://webmail.optimum.net

You should have an option to mark as Spam those incorrect e-mails and that will do the necessary.

I wasn't aware of any famous Herrods.... don't think I am related :(

Always a smile Steve
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dear One Flew Over the Cukoo's Nest Steve,

Oh yeah ... it's HArrod's, right? Sorry...

Now- about Spam ... on the Apple Mail program, I can hit Junk when the phishing email is highlighted, before I open it and it disappears into the Junk file. Will that accomplish the same thing as doing it on webmail//optimum?

Smilies again, pleeze,

Hopin' to Keep JA on Our Good Side Holly

Dear Fingers Crossed Holly,

Love that film!

Just that one vowel difference and I could have been a very rich man... :)

Yes - that will work in pretty much the same fashion although with the Apple Mail program it might not set this as a 'rule' for future e-mails so whichever method works best for you.

Where Eagles Dare Steve