Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Hello, Im trying to attach photos to an email from a disk

Hello, I'm trying to attach photos to an email from a disk on my MacBook Pro without success. Can you help?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

Are you using Apple mail application ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
What happens when you attach ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it attaches the whole folder and when I open the folder the pictures are on the right hand side and all my desktop files are on the left hand side.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
How many photos are you trying to attach ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

73

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Then I'd recommend to compress them and send. Put all the photos to a folder on your Mac. Right Click (Control + Click) on the folder and select Compress foldername from the popup menu.

This will create a Zip folder there with the same folder name. Then attach that zip folder and send it.

Remember, some email providers have limitation of 20MB per attachment. So you will not be able to send the big attachment (if it is greater than 20MB). So you have to split the photos into group and send one by one (group)

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the compressed file becomes a zip file yes? but when I click on it afterwards it doesn't show me anything. Also, why, when I create a folder it is still showing my desktop files on the left and the photos on the right

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Yes. When you double click on it, a folder will be created there with the photos. The process is done in background.

I don't understand the second part of your question, please elaborate ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I think I've resolved the 2nd part question - I've "hidden" My Favourites, so no worries on that side.

I will now attempt to send a compressed file as a test and will let you know if this has been a success. Please wait.... thanks

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Take your time. Good Luck :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It didn't quite work, because both the folder and/or the zip file were too big to send, but on the positive side, it proves it would work. Obviously, I need to group them into separate folders and send separately, yes?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
That because it is the limitation put on email servers. They can't handle large attachments. Yes, group them into separate folders and send them, like 5-10 photos in 1 group (compressed folder) and so on.
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Let me know if you need any help in future...

Best Regards,