jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair

I have had to replace my iMac hard drive under guarantee and

I have had to replace my iMac hard drive under guarantee and I backed up my Microsoft Office 2011 and all my other applications onto a back-up hard drive. When I tried to reload Office onto my new hard drive a message tells me that I have to re-install the application. I originally downloaded the application on-line and have the product key, but can't find out how to re-install.
Can you help.

Terry
Category: Mac
Expert:  jstinehelfer replied 1 year ago.

jstinehelfer :

Welcome to Just Answer.com. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will be your Expert today. Thank you so much for using our services. I am sorry your having trouble today and understand your frustration. Hopefully we can resolve your problem together.

jstinehelfer :

In most cases like this if you know where you purchased your download at you can go back to that website and log in. Once your logged in you will see under your profile where you can find your previous purchases and product key as well.

jstinehelfer :

If you purchased it at the Microsoft Online store you can go here http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/DisplayHomePage

jstinehelfer :

You will see in the upper right hand corner where you can log in with your Live ID email address that you used to purchase the Office 2011 software with

jstinehelfer :

after you log in it will take you back to the store home screen.

jstinehelfer :

You will see Account by your name now in the upper right corner of the webpage

jstinehelfer :

Click on Account and you will see Downloads and Product Keys

jstinehelfer :

Here is where you can access your downloads.

jstinehelfer :

Just simply download your Office 2011 and run the setup again.

jstinehelfer :

If you are satisfied with my help please take the time and give me a good service rating. If your not satisfied please ask for more help if needed. I would be glad to answer any follow up questions you might have.

Customer:

I purchased my Office for Mac 2011 from Microsoft on 22 August 2011 Order number XXXXXXXXXXX using Customer number 127180804513. I have tried repeatedly to access my account there, but it they will not give me access to my account using either of my

Customer:

email addresses with correct passwords. here do I go from here?

jstinehelfer :

You will need to figure out which email address you uses to sign up for your live ID with. Try here

jstinehelfer :

click the link above and see if you can figure out your email and password XXXXX used. You might need to change the password XXXXX gain access

jstinehelfer :

If you cannot seem to get any where with that then you may need to call them direct with your order number so you can gain access back to your Live ID so you will have it for future problems as well as your problem today

jstinehelfer :

Full Size Image

jstinehelfer :

Customer:

It appears that I do not have an active Microsoft account because I purchased my Office for Mac 2011 as a one-off purchase online.

Customer:

I have tried to contact Microsoft without success and I really need to get my Office up and running again. I have tried to get through to their help site but they keep asking me to sign in to my account (which I do not appear to have). I have opened a new account to try and get through, but it won't recognise my previous download. Can you suggest any further action I can take?

jstinehelfer :

You can try two options. First option is try this link

jstinehelfer :

Second option is to download the free trial then see if your Product Key will open it up

jstinehelfer :

If this fixes your problem please take the time in giving me a good service rating for helping you with your problem. If you need more information please ask for more help and I will be glad to assist you more.

jstinehelfer :

was you able to download the software then enter your keycode?

Customer:

It worked fine. Office is re-installed and running well. Thank you.

jstinehelfer, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: A+ Comptia Certified computer repair