Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I keep getting a message that says "You entered an invalid

I keep getting a message that says "You entered an invalid mobile me member name or password. Verify your mobile me member name and password XXXXX Mobile me system preferences" How can I get rid of this
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

Which model of iPhone is this ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It's an iMAc

This question is landed on Smartphone category. I will now move this question to Mac category.

Have you used Mobile Me in the past ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

We bought it with the computer but really never used it.

What version of Mac OS X are you using ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

snow leopard

In your Mac, goto Macintosh HD/youruserhome/Library/Caches folder and trash all files in there

Then goto Macintosh HD//Users/youruserhome/Library/Preferences/ folder and trash the following files

com.apple.DotMacSync.plist
com.apple.internetconfigpriv.plist

Then goto System Preferences. If you can see Mobile Me (or iCloud) in there, open it up. In the Account section, try to Sign Out or enter any invalid acoc**t name and password XXXXX there. It will show some error. Ignore it. Restart your Mac.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

how do I get to Maacintosh Hd/youruserhome/library

Macintosh HD is your hard disk's name. You can access it from desktop or from Finder. It may have another name like Mac HD, My HD, Disk etc

Users, Library, Preferences etc are the folders inside the Macintosh HD
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK. Getting there. How do I trash the file?

Select them and press Command + delete button or just drag them to the trash icon in the dock.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK. I don't see com.apple.DotMacSync.plist but the other one is there. Is that ok.

Its OK
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok, I have done it. I can't immediately tell if it worked, because the message seemed to come up at random times so I don't know how to make it happen. I have to leave now. Can I get in touch with you later for feedback?

Sure. Add a bookmark of this page, so you can get back to me later
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Done & thanks in advance ( I hope)

You're welcome :) Let me know if that didn't work and we will continue troubleshooting
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ashik: So far it looks like you solved my problem. I'll give it another day & then let you know if we're done.

Tom

I'm glad to hear that. Let me know if it happens again...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ashik,

All is well. You fixed the problem & I thank you very much. I'll be in touch the next time I need some help.

Tom

You're most welcome :)

Happy Holidays,