Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I keep getting a message that says "You entered an invalid

Customer Question

I keep getting a message that says "You entered an invalid mobile me member name or password. Verify your mobile me member name and password XXXXX Mobile me system preferences" How can I get rid of this
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

Which model of iPhone is this ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It's an iMAc

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
This question is landed on Smartphone category. I will now move this question to Mac category.

Have you used Mobile Me in the past ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We bought it with the computer but really never used it.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
What version of Mac OS X are you using ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

snow leopard

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
In your Mac, goto Macintosh HD/youruserhome/Library/Caches folder and trash all files in there

Then goto Macintosh HD//Users/youruserhome/Library/Preferences/ folder and trash the following files

com.apple.DotMacSync.plist
com.apple.internetconfigpriv.plist

Then goto System Preferences. If you can see Mobile Me (or iCloud) in there, open it up. In the Account section, try to Sign Out or enter any invalid acoc**t name and password XXXXX there. It will show some error. Ignore it. Restart your Mac.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

how do I get to Maacintosh Hd/youruserhome/library

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Macintosh HD is your hard disk's name. You can access it from desktop or from Finder. It may have another name like Mac HD, My HD, Disk etc

Users, Library, Preferences etc are the folders inside the Macintosh HD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK. Getting there. How do I trash the file?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Select them and press Command + delete button or just drag them to the trash icon in the dock.
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK. I don't see com.apple.DotMacSync.plist but the other one is there. Is that ok.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Its OK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok, I have done it. I can't immediately tell if it worked, because the message seemed to come up at random times so I don't know how to make it happen. I have to leave now. Can I get in touch with you later for feedback?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Sure. Add a bookmark of this page, so you can get back to me later
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Done & thanks in advance ( I hope)

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome :) Let me know if that didn't work and we will continue troubleshooting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ashik: So far it looks like you solved my problem. I'll give it another day & then let you know if we're done.

Tom

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
I'm glad to hear that. Let me know if it happens again...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ashik,

All is well. You fixed the problem & I thank you very much. I'll be in touch the next time I need some help.

Tom

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
You're most welcome :)

Happy Holidays,