Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

iTunes question: I have iTunes installed on my pc. It has

iTunes question: I have iTunes installed on my pc. It has worked fine for years. iTunes will play music, but will not connect to the internet and to the iTunes store. My internet connect works. I just watch the horizontal "screw" move on and on. I have tried to sign in and also authorize my computer again. Nothing seems to work. Any thoughts?

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

What computer is it? windows xp/vista/7?

Also, when you click on "itunes store", do you get any error message? Or is it a blank white screen?

Thank You
Vinod
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Vinod,

It is a MS XP Windows. I get the iTunes screen with all my music listed. When I click on the iTunes store and it goes to connect to the internet, there are no error messages, the screen stays open and the horizontal bar in the upper center of the page just keeps moving (like a barber pole) as if to say that it is trying to connect. But it never connects. At least an error message would give me a clue, but there is no message.

Thank you, Mark.

This issue has been happening for the past 1 year or so. I believe it has something to do with your network/firewall.

Anyway, the following step has a higher probability of resolving this issue.

Close the itunes.

In windows xp, click on your start menu, go to all programs, then to accessories, click on the "command prompt" icon. Once it opens into a black window, type in the following command...

netsh winsock reset

Press enter. If it prompts you to restart the computer, restart it.

Now open itunes and try to connect to the store.

Let me know whether this helps
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks. I will try it right now and let you know.

Before I do, tell me how to get back to you. Are you sending me a link via email?

Mark

you can bookmark this website and get back to me.

Or save this link

http://www.justanswer.com/mac-computers/7dqm6-itunes-question-itunes-installed-pc.html

You should also be receiving an email.
Did that work?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Vinod,

Hi, this is Mark. I did what you said and the iTunes has connected to the iTunes store! The fix worked, and I thank you!

I bought a device from Bose to wirelessly connect my computer to my Bose radio. It worked but "sucked down" a lot of CPU power to do it. The iTunes started to misbehave after I tried this sound link the one time. Might it have been a source of the problem?

Thanks again. I know how to fix it if I have same problems.

Mark

Good to know that it is now working!!

As I said, this issue has been around since November of last year, and still there is no description for this issue in the Apple support website. This solution isn't listed there either.

This issue is mostly due to network issues, and you said, the Bose radio could be the issue (not sure though).

If you have no more questions and if you satisfied with my service, I would appreciate if you can rate my service.