Jason
Jason, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.
30759776

Hello, The multiple «multiple bubble» icon for my Canon

Customer Question

The multiple «multiple bubble» icon for my Canon PIXMA MX512 has disappeared from my Mac Book desktop (Mountain Lion). How do I get it back on my desktop? I love its visual simplicity. Thank you! Andrée Laurier
Category: Mac
Expert:  miketaylor2008 replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer/Pearl, my name is XXXXX XXXXX will be assisting you with your issue today. Please rate my answer at the end of the session.

Click on the desktop or open a Finder window, to ensure the Finder is currently the front most application.

From the menu bar, select Finder, Preferences.

In the Finder Preferences window that opens,you should be able to place the icon on the desktop from there

Close the Finder Preferences window.

It should not be visible on your desktop.

Let me know if you have any issues

Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can't find it in the Finder Preference List. And I don't know how this thing is called.

To make sure that you are helped in the best possible way I think it best to transfer you to a Mac expert who can easily guide you on this. Although it is to do with your printer, they could help you more effectively.

Thanks very much for your patience and I will transfer this now.

Mike.....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok. I'm still online and waiting.

Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the Professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Rachel

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Rachel,

I am trying to scan documents and would appreciate an answer as soon as possible. Another way to put this question would be : how to retrieve an application shortcut that was lost below the dock (lower region where you can't see it).

Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

Rachel

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Greetings,

Thank you for your question and your time today.

My name is Jason and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Do you still need help with this problem? If so, may I remote into your computer and help you resolve the problem? I will send a remote link within minutes after your response, so please keep refreshing the page.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Jason,

It's 11:17 am here and I have to go out. I will be back before 5:00 pm local time. I will send you a message as soon as I get back.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX to you later.

Andrée Laurier

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear XXXXX,

I have now returned home, and I am available if this timing suits you.

Andrée

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

I will be available for the next 14 hours. Please, post a message here when you are online and available.

Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am online and available.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience.

Are you still available?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I am available.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

AFTER YOU CLICK THE LINK BELOW, you can continue.

Instructions for running the remote application:
- If you are using Internet Explorer, choose to RUN the application.
- If you are using Firefox or Safari, please, open the Downloads window and double click the Elsinore... application. (FIREFOX: In the top menu bar, click TOOLS > DOWNLOADS) (SAFARI: In the top menu bar, click Window > Downloads
- If you are using Google Chrome, please, click the Elsinore... button on the bottom left of your screen after it downloads.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=cbf54055-0e43-4cde-980b-d73c98b8d895&SUPPORT=NET

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Elsinore does not show in the Safari downloads.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

You have to click the remote link and download the remote app before it will appear there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Installing Java to let you in.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Now trying to install Java Web Start Bootstrap...

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Thank you..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Windows wants a distant connection that MacOs refuses. Any other way?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

No.

That is how remote options work. You have to allow the connection.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am allowing, but Windows does not respond to my indicating a name for my computer.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure I understand what you are saying.

On what window are you indicating a 'name'?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When the Window pop-up asks for a connection to my computer, it requires a name for it. And then it rejects my answer.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Please, try again.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am still trying.

Trying to download Java Run Time Environment - again.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

.Thank you.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
I have run out of time.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

If nobody picks this up, I can continue later.

I wish you luck,
- Jason
Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 1 year ago.

Thank you!

Rachel