Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

My e-mail keeps on asking me for a password, I put it in &

My e-mail keeps on asking me for a password, I put it in & it just asks for it again! It is not retrieving mail.

Who is your email provider? yahoo, aol, gmail etc.

Also, are you able to access the mail through your browser (safari)?

Thank you
Vinod
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Blueyonder. And no, I cannot access webmail. It tells me my password XXXXX XXXXX!

Thank you, Graeme.

If you are not able to access the mail using your safari, then it could probably be because the password XXXXX XXXXX

Have you tried resetting your password?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How/where do I reset my password?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have now reset my password XXXXX Blueyonder & can access webmail via Safari

great...:)

I was still searching on how to change the password.

Anyway, since you have reset the password, let's open the mail application on your computer and try to retrieve the mail with the new password.

let me know
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have just received this - plus LOADS more! - on e-mail. The problem would therefore appear to be resolved. Why had my password XXXXX changed itself?!

:)

That is what I am also not sure of. For some email addresses, it is a requirement that you need to change the password XXXXX in a while. I am not sure whether it is the case with the blueyonder account.

The other possibility is that the server might have thought that your password XXXXX XXXXX strong enough and it will ask you to reset it.

It might also be a mac problem. This is something I read from a website about this issue that happens on a mac

In most cases the password XXXXX is a temporary communications problem between Mail and the remote server. As a result, entering passwords repeatedly will not help the issue and will likely only lead to the same error message showing. Therefore, when the error shows, just click cancel and set the server to be offline. Generally after 5 to 10 minutes you can click the tilde symbol next to the server in Mail's sidebar and the server will reconnect just fine.