David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc, H.Dip, Apple Certified
39216975

I cant get the photos from my camera to come up on the screen.

Customer Question

I can't get the photos from my camera to come up on the screen. I have plugged the UBS for the photos into my hub. The red light is on but the photos don't come up. I have just downloaded Mountain Lion. Could this be the problem? Also, since I have downloaded Mountain Lion I am unable to bring up any photos that I had in Adobe Photoshop. Is there any way I can recover these photos?
Category: Mac
Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions.

What type of camera is it?

Thanks in advance,
David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It's a Nikon Coolpix

Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

Click the blue Finder face icon in the Dock.

On the left hand side of the Finder window scroll down to Devices and the camera storage should be there.

Click on it and you should have full access to the contents of the memory card.

You can also try iPhoto or Image Capture, both are in the Applications folder.

If it is not detected, try connecting it directly instead of through the hub.

Let me know if none of these work.

Sincerely,
David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can't find Devices on the Finder window scroll down. I see something called applications. Would that be the same thing?

Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

No it is below that, but click Applications and look for Image Capture.

Double click it, does it see the pictures that are on the camera?

Regards,
David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It says no camera connected.

Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

OK follow these few steps:

1. Shut down the iMac from the Apple menu.

2. When it is shut down disconnect all devices and connections at the back.

3. Plug out the power cable, and leave it unplugged for 60 seconds.

4. Connect the power cord and power on.

Now connect the camera directly, not through a hub, and check Image Capture and Finder.

Let me know if it gives you any problems.

Sincerely,
David.
David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: BSc, H.Dip, Apple Certified
Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.
Hi Megan,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did connecting your camera give you any problem since?

Let me know,
David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No. It's been fine since. Thanks.

Customer

Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

That's great, feel free to ask me any follow up questions.

Best regards,
David.