David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc, H.Dip, Apple Certified
39216975

I cannot get my iPad out of the recovery mode

Category: Mac
Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions.

Have you tried resetting it yet? Let me know what you've tried so I don't ask you to try stuff you already have.

Sincerely,
David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have tried that all that comes up is that iTunes symbol I cannot get away from that

Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

Try these steps:
1. Connect the iPad to your computer and open iTunes.
2. Reset the iPad by pressing and holding Home and Sleep/Wake.
3. As soon as you see the image disappear on the iPad, meaning it is resetting, let go the Sleep/Wake button, but not the Home button.
4. Keep holding the Home button, after a few minutes iTunes should say it detects an iPad in Recovery Mode and ask you to Restore it.
5. Restore the iPad.

If this fails please get back to me and let me know. There are other things that we can try.

Sincerely,
David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did that last night, it told me it needs restoring,and I did..but ipad didnt come out of recovery mode.the itunes symbol is still there,it goes on and off every 5 minutes

Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

Have you jailbroken or tried installing unofficial firmware on this iPad? If so what version was it?

What type of computer are you trying with? Do you have a different one you can try with? Is it running the latest iTunes?

Thanks in advance,
David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i havent jailbroken or tried installing unoficial firmware

i have tried doing it with my hp laptop and asar desktop ..i have latest version of itunes

Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

That's good, doing so would void the warranty.

Have you tried the step of continuing to hold the Home button on both computers?

Do you get a message on them saying it detects it in 'Recovery Mode', do you get that one both?

This is really worth trying again as it is the last resort before waiting for the battery to completely drain.

Sincerely,
David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am downloading lastest version of itunes on my desktop, i found out i didnt have it.. and then i will try the step of continuing to hold the home button ,I will get back to you when i have done that ,thanks

Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

No problem. You're very welcome.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
David.
Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

Did the download complete, and were you able to finish the Restore?

Please let me know if we can continue.

Sincerely,
David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Internet went down during middle of download because of a storm.hoping I will be able to do it today and will get back to you ,thanks
Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

No problem whatsoever. I will be available to continue with you when you are ready.

Sincerely,
David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got iPad restored and it's working good now,thank you so very much.it was a pleasure working with you thanks for being so helpful,Zach
Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.
Hi Zach,

You're very welcome! Please take a moment to rate my help, but remember that you can follow up after if you need to.

Sincerely,
David.
David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: BSc, H.Dip, Apple Certified