Cris, Mac Specialist
Experience:  4 years Mac Specialist, Apple Certified.

how do I retrieve lost pass code for iPad

Thank you for contacting I am Cris and will be glad to assist you with your question.

The only option you have is to restore the iPad to factory settings to remove the pass-code. Please follow the instructions below carefully.

To do so it will need to be put into DFU mode. Then you will need to restore the iPad through iTunes.

Open iTunes and connect the iPad to your PC.

Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button(top of iPad) at the same time.

After exactly 10 seconds release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until you iTunes pops up a message telling you that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.

You should receive a message in iTunes that your device is in recovery mode.

The iPad screen will remain black.

NOTE***: It may take a few attempts to get your iPad into DFU mode. Generally, I hold down both buttons then release the Home button just before I think the Apple logo would appear. If you are still holding both buttons down and you see the Apple logo you are holding them down for too long!

Once in the DFU mode click on Restore in "iTunes" to restore the iPad. You can then sync your iPad to iTunes to restore your media.

If you have any questions please reply back to me with any further questions. BEFORE selecting a negative rating, I will answer your follow ups.