Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

I have loaded photos from my iPhone to iPhoto on my Mac mini,

Customer Question

I have loaded photos from my iPhone to iPhoto on my Mac mini, it lumped all two hundreds photos taken on three occasions into same Event. Is there a way I can create two more events to move the photos accordingly? I went to the event tap on upper left but the " create event " command is not active. Thx. D.O.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 4 years ago.

What I understand is that you are trying to move some photos into a different event, correct? But you are unable to create the event, correct?

Let's try it this way.

Click to select Photos in the Source list.

Select the photos you want in your new Event.

Choose Events > Create Event. (If you’re in full-screen view, move your pointer to the top of the screen to make the menu bar appear.)

In the dialog that appears, click Create.

The selected photos are removed from the Events where they’re currently located and placed in the new Event.

Let me know whether this helps.

Thank You
Vinod
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I clicked Create Event after selecting pictures.. Nothing happened. I went to Events view but I don't see new Event .. I went back to Photos view, the photos were deselected.. ?
That is strange!!

Let's close the iphoto and reopen it. Now click on the "Events' tab to the left of the iphoto, below "Library".

Check whether the newly created event is there.