Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

How can I delete my old icloud user id and use my new one on

How can I delete my old icloud user id and use my new one on my iphone?
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

In your iPhone, goto Settings and tap Store. Tap the old acccount and tap Sign Out. Then Sign in to your correct account.

Then goto Settings and tap iCloud. Scroll down and you can see a Delete Account button. Tap it to delete the iCloud account from your iPhone.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

That's not quite it...the issue is that it appears that my old icloud account is somehow dominating the icloud account. this is a new iphone 5 and when i set it up i didn't even enter this old icloud address. Nevertheless, that old account seems to be the icloud account being used and always prompts me for password. Meanwhile, my itunes account (which is a different email address) seems to be ok.

So, the issue isn't really itunes or the itunes store user id, rather that old icloud id. and when i go to settings/icloud it immediately prompts me for the password XXXXX that old account (which i don't have/doesn't work anyway). when I cancel past that prompt and i see all the icloud settings, there is no DELETE button like i would expect.

Any other ideas?

Hmm..thats strange. The Apple ID/iTunes ID is treated as iCloud ID. In your iPhone, goto Settings tap General. Tap Reset. Tap Reset All Settings. After resetting, you will get option to setup your iPhone, so this time when asked for ID, use your new ID.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I thought that was a good idea. But, no, it didn't work. When I go into settings/icloud that old account is still the default (greyed out) and won't let me change, delete, or anything. And even the old passwords I would have been using don't work. I actually think I need apple to clean out that icloud id in their system...

It's weird because on this new iphone i never even used that id during the setup process. And, anyway, all it is is my old email address, which I changed to this new one. It actually should be tied to the same icloud account in any case. So I think it's back on apple...

I don't know what else to do at this point...seems like a dead end...

Maybe I should hard reset the whole phone. All my stuff is backed up in a variety of ways, so it probably wouldn't be that bad. But I wonder if I'll just have the same problem, anyway...

Greyed out ? Thats weird. Try restoring your iPhone from iTunes on your computer and then setup as a new iPhone instead of restoring from backup. If you restore from backup, the old account will be installed back. Can you try that ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I will try that...will take me a bit to get to that computer and do it. I'll let you know. Good idea.

You're most welcome :)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm not sure what you mean by:

"Try restoring your iPhone from iTunes on your computer and then setup as a new iPhone instead of restoring from backup."

When I go into itunes it knows that this is my phone. How do I set it up as a new phone? Are you saying I should restore it first THEN set it up as a new phone?

Sorry for the confusion. Yes, After restoring you'll get two optios. Restore from backup and setup it as new iPhone. Select Setup it as new iPhone
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok, great...that did the trick. Now that I think about it I never fully went with iCloud because of these similar issues when it originally came out. I always had my iTunes as my backup. Don't know why the old icloud stuff even pushed into my phone. Anyhow, I'm all set. Thanks for the help. You got me going in the right direction. I'll rate you now.

I'm glad you got it working agian. Let me know if you have any quesitons.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks...this was a good service. Apple was closed and more expensive.

Best regards

Glad to help you. Please come back here if you need more help.

Have a great day,