David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc H.Dip Apple Certified Professional
39216975

What is the best program for password XXXXX and storing

What is the best program for password XXXXX and storing valuable information with integration all my Apple devices and off-site backup?. I want EVERYTHING integrated and accessible as well as secure. Someone recommended 1Password XXXXX a dropbox account. I'm looking for a "second opinion." THANKS
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions.

I have tested 1Password, and I didn't end up keeping it.

If you want security first, and a simple tool for make password XXXXX secure document databases, that works on all your devices, then I recommend KeePassX.

It is open source so you have the best testers and are guaranteed the most advanced and the most secure code.

You can export from it, and the database file can be put online in any secure location you choose. Dropbox is good, or you could try Google Drive.

www.keepassx.org

https://drive.google.com/start

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
David.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks David,

I'm not computer savy and need something very simple. I like iCloud and it's instant sync of all Apple devices. Will KeePass automatically syn and would I be able to use one password XXXXX all my Apple devices?

What does "open source" mean? Is that main advantage of using it rather than some other program?

What are the advantage of using KeePass rather using 1Password, RoboForm or other Program?

KeePassX wouldn't automatically sync, but you could export the database file and send it to Google Drive. From Google Drive you can update all your devices, and keep the master database file up to date on Google Drive.

I prefer open source, which means the source code is not hidden, and anyone can contribute to the design and coding of the software. It makes for better software in a lot of cases. In the area of utilities for Unix, which is what Mac OS X and iOS are, then open source tools are good, and always free to download.

These are the reasons among others that I would choose KeePassX. It does what you want it to do without too many bells and whistles.

1Password XXXXX XXXXX nice bit of software if you like having the added feature of automatic cloud sync, and it does run on all your devices. It is not free, which would be one other reason I wouldn't recommend it first.

If you want something that you don't have to worry about setting it up, configuring it, and synchronising it manually, and don't mind the cost, then 1Password XXXXX XXXXX best you can get.

Sincerely,
David.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Do you have any major concerns with Roboform. I do like the ability of auto-filling fields when purchasing products on the internet.

No, I would have no problems with that whatsoever. That is a very useful tool.

I would not use it as my main software, there would be better features in KeePassX or 1Password. Secure notes, documents, licenses, file attachments, etc.

Sincerely,
David.