David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc, H.Dip, Apple Certified
39216975

Looking for a new power supply for my apple a1121 hifi

Customer Question

Category: Mac
Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is David, and I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions.

Is this your Hi-Fi?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPod_Hi-Fi

Thank you in advance,
David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

It takes batteries too. Have you tried batteries?

The part you need, is it the power chord, page 9 http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/iPod_Hi-Fi_Users_Guide.pdf

Regards,
David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried everything except ripping it open. New batteries and cord did not work. I cant believe apple would make a 16 lb doorstop. If I could just find a part number i am sure this power supply must be available in hong kong.
Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

I will research it for you, and let you know what I come up with.

Give me half an hour or so.

Thanks,
David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

My main resource for this information is currently down, but I am looking to find it somewhere else, give me a few more minutes.

Thanks,
David.
Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

The site came back up, but it doesn't have a take apart for the iPod Hi-Fi.

At the time Apple serviced these by whole unit replacement. This means there was no service manual describing take apart, or parts that could be ordered by service providers.

There is very little information on it at all. There were sites that had good information but they're gone. Some describe replacing the charge station to USB power instead of FireWire.

I have the service manual and it only gives troubleshooting steps. What is happening, have you tried the analogue audio jack input?

If yours doesn't power on at all then it is most likely the main logic board.

Do you have a source for finding a main logic board for it?

Thanks in advance,
David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi i have tried all that. The green power light does not come on and it does not work throughthe audio jack and I

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi i have tried all that. The green power light does not come on and it does not work throughthe audio jack and I do not know a source for the logic board. Is that the problemm. all the info online are dead links now

Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

The front is glued on, and there are youtube videos that show the take apart such as this one:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=60FCK502Y8I

The problem will be finding a replacement MLB, as Apple did not even send these to service providers.

The only way there are any available is from another iPod Hi-Fi that was taken apart.

Let me know if there are any questions I can answer.

Sincerely,
David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks David. Sadly a waste of time as you were not able to add anything new to the situation.

Apple has really let down its users here. One would expect more from the richest company in the world.

$399 plus$68 down the drain
Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

I understand your frustration, and this product has received a lot of criticism.

The 68 dollar charge from Just Answer is not applied until you rate an answer. If you choose not to rate that is OK too, the $68 stays on your account, and you can use it to post other questions.

Let me know if I can be of any help in future.

Best regards,
David.
Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.
Hi Wes,

Did you need to rate? I said earlier there was no need to rate, but you have and I'm not sure why?

I did everything I could.

The rating is not for the quality of the product, or the fact it failed, it goes against me.

Please consider retracting or rating higher, please.

Regards,
David.