ComputerGuru89
ComputerGuru89, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  10+ yrs experience in the Computing Industry, covering everything from Software Development, PM and General Computing Support
70591971

ipad 3, error -1, how do i fix?

ipad 3, error -1, how do i fix?
Category: Mac
Expert:  ComputerGuru89 replied 1 year ago.
Hi!

Welcome to Just Answer!

At what point do you receive this error message?

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Trying to restore iPad 3 from iTunes account. Unable to complete. Error (-1).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

At the varificaton of firmware stage.

Lets try restoring in DFU mode...
Turn your ipad off (hood down the power button at the top and then slide to switch off)
Plug the iPad into your computer
Launch iTunes
Hold down the Power button and the Home button at the same time
Keep holding both of these buttons for 10 seconds
After 10 seconds pass, release the Power button but continue to hold the Home button for another 3-5 seconds
When in DFU mode, your iPad screen will stay completely black. If you see an Apple logo or otherwise you did not enter DFU mode
iTunes will notify you that it has detected a device in recovery mode - if you don't see this message then try again, it can be a bit tricky to get into dfu mode!

Carry out a restore..

Let me know how you get on!

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't get the slid off function. Not working.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Further suggestions?

We can fore a shutdown by holding the power button and home button down together until the ipa switches off and thn you can resume with the dfu instructions

Thanks
Experience: 10+ yrs experience in the Computing Industry, covering everything from Software Development, PM and General Computing Support