Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

I want to transfer movies from a memory stick to my ipad

Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 1 year ago.

Don't worry. I will walk you through the steps.

The transfer to the ipad can happen only through the itunes.

What computer do you have? windows or mac?

Also, what format the movies are in? To find the format, right click on the movie (ctrl + click on a MAC) and select "properties" ("get info" on a mac).

Thank You
Vinod
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm on an imac movie is AVI movie 1.25 GB

Thank you.

AVI is not supported by itunes nor the ipad.

So our first process will be to convert the movie into mp4 or mov (preferably mp4).

Do you have any converters for doing that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

DON'T KNOW WHERE DO i LOOK ?

No need to worry.

The first step we need to do is to convert the AVI to MP4.

I don't have any converters for mac. Let me try searching for some.

Please give me 5 minutes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK

While I search, I would suggest you to open the video in your "quicktime player".

Let me know whether you are able to.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes it plays using the DVD Player. Symbol on the screen when movie starts is DIVX Video

Try this software

http://handbrake.fr/

After downloading it, open the video file using that and try to convert the AVI file to MP4 file.

Let me know once you have done that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the movie file is being converted to mp4 format

:)

let me know once it is finished.
How is it going?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is finished, where do I the new file ?.

Do you know the location where the file is saved to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Found it on desktop

Great..:)

Now open itunes in your computer and click on "movies" tab to the left.

Once there, just drag that movie from the desktop onto the top of the "movies" tab in itunes.

Let me know whether it transfers the video.

Please don't rate my service now. Still a lot of procedures may need to be done.
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience: worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes it loaded into the itunes movie section

are you able to play that movie now from itunes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes it plays. any special steps to move it to my ipad ?

Let's now connect the ipad.

Your ipad name would now be listed to the left side of the itunes, below "devices".

Click on the ipad name and now, to the middle of the screen, you will find tabs such as summary, info, apps, music, movies, photos etc,

Click on the movies tab. There, select "sync movies". Select the movie you want to sync and click on apply/sync at the bottom.

Let me know if you get any error message.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

appears to be downloading

That is great..:)

Let's wait until it is finished.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

II have to go out

no worries...

Take your own time.

You can bookmark this website and get back to me anytime.

Or save this link

http://www.justanswer.com/mac-computers/7di8n-want-transfer-movies-memory-stick-ipad.html

If you run into any issues with the sync process, just let me know and I am ready to help you.