Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Hi, I have used imovie on my ipad for the first time and created

Hi, I have used imovie on my ipad for the first time and created 9 projects. I am trying to send them to my laptop so I can burn them onto discs but when I send them to itunes I don't get an option to burn. I am a gumbie with any products starting with an 'i' so any help is appreciated. Thanks Wanda
Do you have the iCloud turned on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

not can i tell?

Go to Settings / iCloud. Are you signed in?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

?on the ipad? under settings it says iCloud Backup is ON

Ok :

Connect your iPad to your computer, and open iTunes on your computer.

After a moment, your device appears in iTunes, below Devices on the left.

Select the device, and click Apps at the top of the iTunes window.

Select iMovie in the Apps list below File Sharing. (You may need to scroll to see it.)

Click Add below the iMovie Documents pane; in the window that appears, navigate to the file you want to add.

Select the file, and then click Open to copy the file to your device.

The file appears in the iMovie Documents pane when copying is complete.

Open iMovie on your device; if the marquee screen isn’t showing, tap the My Projects button in the upper-left corner above the viewer.

Tap the Import button at the bottom of the screen, and then tap the name of the project you want to import.

When the import is complete, the project opens and can be edited like any other project.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This is just taking the finished files from my ipad to laptop then back to ipad???? I want to burn a copy to DVD.

No it is transfering it from iMovie on the iPad to iMovie on the Mac. IS it an HD project?

A DVD is only Standard Definition but if you do not have iDVD (it was discontinued) you will need a third party program like Burn (free) or Roxio Toast.

From iMovie, you can use SHARE/MOVIE. Choose Large size, and save it in a place where you can find it. Then you can just drag it into burn. Here are instructions for Burn:

Sorry I had internet problems. Did you get that?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, Sorry had to go to bed and then to work so will give that a shot and get back to you...should have mentioned though my laptop is windows not mac. Will that make a difference?

Well yes of course there is no iMovie for Windows, you would have to use a different program to burn it Roxio also makes a Windows version. Let me look it up.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike, How did you go. I ended up downloading avs4you (or something) products which allowed me to change the raw files on my laptop. I was really dissapointed I couldn't use the iMovie product and edit on the ipad before transferring it if you can find anything to help me in the future it would be appreciated.

If they show up in iTunes on your PC right click on the movie and go to Show in Windows Explorer. I don't know about the product you downloaded but the Roxio product should be able to use that file to burn your DVD, no conversion required