Techie_Ben
Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience:  10+ years in hardware/software experience
8287049

Id like to have safari available to my 8 year old on her ipad.

I'd like to have safari available to my 8 year old on her ipad. i don't want her to be able to look at more than a handful of sites. How can i restrict the sites she's able to see to sites preselected by me?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the question. While the iPad does not allow this kind of flexibility, you can disable Safari through the restriction settings and install a browser with parental controls. There is a browser called "McGruff SafeGuard" which is free and will send you an email each day outlining the browser activity. It also includes a pre-installed child safe browser experience in that it blocks any content that is deemed unsuitable for the age group you select when setting up the browser for the first time. It is very simple to set up, but does not provide an "allow list" for you to choose which sites can be visited (the browser decides this for you).

There is also a browser called "Mobicip Safe Browser" available from the App Store for $4.99 that offers much more flexibility in how to filter the internet on the browser. You can set up custom filters, monitor activity remotely, and has the same kind of built-in protection as the McGruff browser I mentioned above.

I think you will find either of these two options very useful. Please let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to assist further. Thanks again!
Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience: 10+ years in hardware/software experience