Techie_Ben
Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience:  10+ years in hardware/software experience
8287049

My older iBook G4 fell on the floor from about 3 feet up and

My older iBook G4 fell on the floor from about 3 feet up and suddenly the color disappeared - all is dark grey/brown with white font - very hard to read - any magic suggestions?
Hello. Thank you for the question. While I have no magic solution for you in this case (unfortunately), it is possible that a cable has just come loose when the machine was dropped. If there is damage to the screen however (ie - any kind of cracks), you will be looking at a more expensive fix. You can take the machine in to an Apple Store and have them check whether the cables are all connected securely. If that turns out to be the problem, the cost will be very minimal, if any at all. Please let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to assist further. Thanks again!