DaniBigApple
DaniBigApple, Mac Genius
Experience:  4+Years Apple Genius Experience Trainer in Apple core applications
66806038

I have a Macbook air which had a cracked screen , I replaced

I have a Macbook air which had a cracked screen , I replaced it with a new screen assembely. Now the camera does not work.
Category: Mac
Expert:  DaniBigApple replied 1 year ago.

DaniBigApple :

When you open Photo Booth does it say there is no Camera attached?

DaniBigApple :

The camera assembly is a pain to keep in place as you are tugging other wires to get the clamshell back on. If it says there is no camera attached the only thing you can do it take it apart again and reseat the cables and make sure nothing was pinched in the process

Customer:

that is what it says but I removed the back and all wires are in place still

DaniBigApple :

When you ordered the display replacement it was just the LCD panel correct?

DaniBigApple :

Is your bluetooth and wifi being recognized? They are all on the same assembly.

Customer:

no i ordered the whole assembly, and yes everything works but the camera

DaniBigApple :

Have you done the PRAM reset yet?

DaniBigApple :

And make sure yo reseat the cables too. Even though they LOOK in place, remove and replace.

DaniBigApple :

Resetting the PRAM

You reset the PRAM by rebooting a Mac and then immediately hold down theCommand+Option+P+R keys, you will then hear the Mac reboot sound again, signifying your PRAM has been reset. You must hit the key combination before the grey screen appears otherwise it won’t work.

DaniBigApple :

Since its new hardware we most definitely want to try a PRAM reset

DaniBigApple :

If you went to Apple they can try to test it though a Known Good operating system and if the issue persists you may need to send that display back and exchange it

DaniBigApple :

It happens, especially with displays Ive had a few DOA come across me a few times at the store. It happens.

DaniBigApple, Mac Genius
Experience: 4+Years Apple Genius Experience Trainer in Apple core applications