DaniBigApple
DaniBigApple, Mac Genius
Experience:  4+Years Apple Genius Experience Trainer in Apple core applications
66806038

everytime i try to update my credit card number on itunes i

everytime i try to update my credit card number on itunes i keep getting this message "please contact itunes support to complete this transaction"
Category: Mac
Expert:  DaniBigApple replied 1 year ago.

DaniBigApple :

Hello, are you using multiple devices sharing an iTunes account?

Customer:

Yes i am

DaniBigApple :

Are you using an iPhone as well? And which device are you trying to enter this information into?

Customer:

yes i am using an iphone but i was trying to enter it on my ipad when that wasn't successful i tried it on my itunes on my pc

DaniBigApple :

Have you tried this as of yet? iPhone Settings -> Store -> View Apple ID

Sign in as requested after choosing "Continue" and then tap your "payment info" box. Re-enter the "Required" Security Code field along with verifying the remaining fields. Choose "Done" and then login to your itunes account on the problematic device and retry.

Customer:

even on my iphone when i do it the same message popped up

DaniBigApple :

Ok Im looking into some other things, forcing my devices to give me that message

Customer:

ok

DaniBigApple :

So this really happens for 2 reasons. Multiple devices in which we can rule out at this point. Or the account may be flagged as "abusive"

DaniBigApple :

Do you travel frequently?

Customer:

no i don't travel at all

Customer:

but so far i had to change my credit card numbers multiple times do you think this can be a reason?

DaniBigApple :

Yea I have a feeling its ben flagged. They do that to prevent fraud on that account to protect you. Have you tried the express lane for support form apple as of yet?

DaniBigApple :

An Email is just about useless and you will wait forever for a respond that way

Customer:

not yet i was going to see if there was other alternative before i have to call them up

DaniBigApple :

response*

DaniBigApple :

Honestly being I worked at Apple, better off using express lane first. It a live person not a robot and they generally have access to that kind of information.

Customer:

oh okay

Customer:

ill try now

DaniBigApple :

I would hate for you to get passed around to multiple departments over the phone. Where this one puts you exactly where you need to be.

DaniBigApple :

Ill give you the link

DaniBigApple :

Expresslane.apple.com

Customer:

after that which one should i click? because if i click into the billing & sales it would just give me links and info and none of them was any help

DaniBigApple :

The you will see iTunes as an option then choose iTunes Store > Purchases and Billing

DaniBigApple :

Im going though EVERY topic related to this to force it to speak with someone.

DaniBigApple :

I know at the moment they operate out of the US

DaniBigApple :

Which is a reason why Email is the only option at the moment.

Customer:

yeah so far that seems like the only option

DaniBigApple :

I see that you are from Australia, not sure of the time there.

Customer:

its 11.30pm lol

DaniBigApple :

Its 7:30 am EST here so far.

Customer:

so should i just send them an email?

DaniBigApple :

So you can imagine that people are just waking up here. How about I keep checking though out the day for you. Although you may not be online I can at least leave a message on here letting you know there are live people to talk to.

DaniBigApple :

I am just walking up so I can check all day.

Customer:

because i work 9-8 i don't think it would be enough time to call them is it?

DaniBigApple :

You can also send them an Email to get the ball rolling as well.

Customer:

yeah im getting ready for bed and the other side people are just waking up

DaniBigApple :

Well best thing about expresslane is that you pretty much chat much like this.

Customer:

alrighty ill send them an email

DaniBigApple :

I will message you when I see "Chat" as an option on there, although you will be sleeping. At least you know there is that option. And Ill ask them of their operation hours and time zone they work from

DaniBigApple :

So if you do not get a reply via email you know what time you can reach a human lol

Customer:

haha alrighty thanks heaps i really appreciate it.

Customer:

ill get off now and check back when im done with work tomorrow

DaniBigApple :

I just checked even for iCloud troubleshooting Ive used sooooo many times for customers at the store, and yea chat is not up at this moment. Ill let you know what I find today for sure.

Customer:

thank you so much for your help!!

DaniBigApple :

Your Welcome! I hope to bring good news soon!

Customer:

yep and ill get back to you soon!!! ahaha thanks...i hopppeeee so too

Customer:

you have a nice day

DaniBigApple :

So I checked the website all day and it at this time it appears the only option is to contact them via email. I wish I had better news for that :( I checked for hours. I am however optimistic that they will see the problem right away , Im just unsure of their que as far as helping customers go.

Customer:

hey just to let you know that it is all solved...they actually responded to the email fast i recieved it when i checked around 8am my time here in australia

Customer:

but i really do appreciate all that you did for me

Customer:

it is highly appreciated

DaniBigApple, Mac Genius
Experience: 4+Years Apple Genius Experience Trainer in Apple core applications