Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience:  10+ years in hardware/software experience

I have one family person set up in my ipad2 for imessaging

I have one family person set up in my ipad2 for imessaging and it works well but I cannot seem to add anyone else. Please help
Thank you for the question. The way iMessage works is that whoever you message who has iMessage configured will be able to receive your messages. There is no separate list for iMessage, meaning you do not add contacts to iMessage, but rather you can send a message to one of your contacts, and if they have iMessage enabled, your message will be sent. I hope that clears up the reason you are not able to find a place to add contacts to iMessage. Please let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to assist further. Thanks again!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I can iMessage on my iPhone to many people, why not on the iPad?
Sorry for the confusion. I thought you were looking for some kind of list to add iMessage contacts to, like a "Buddy list" for iMessage. Now I realize you're trying to send a group iMessage from your iPad.

Can you try going to Settings -> Messages -> and confirm that "Group Messaging" is turned ON?
Hello. I notice you left a "bad service" rating on my initial answer. Were you able to get this working by turning on Group messaging?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I do not see that option on my ipad under settings/messages.
You will need to install the "Group Text" app in order to send a group message on iPad. Only the iPhone can send a group iMessage.