webpagesby22
webpagesby22, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  I have eight years of experience working with Macs and Windows machines in corporate enviroments.

WALK ME THROUGH THE PROCESS TO: 1. MOVE A DOCUMENT

Customer Question

WALK ME THROUGH THE PROCESS TO:
1. MOVE A DOCUMENT TO AN 'e mail.
2. steps to move a pix from the SCANNER to an 'e mail
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
What app are you using for email?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

MIKE ----- WHAT THE HECK IS AN APP??? SHOWES HOW

LITTLE I KNOW. --- IF IT MEANS WHAT AM I GOING TO SEND,

------ ABOUT 5 PAGES OF WORD PROCESSED STUFF AND

3 ATTACHED PICTURES. I DO HAVE ACCESS TO A PICTURE

SCANNER. ------ AL -----

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
An Application sorry. Those are what you open to use the computer for instance Mail or Safari or Microsoft Word those are all called Applications or apps. What do you click on to get to your email?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

MIKE----- TO GET MY 'e MAIL, I GO THROUGH SAFARI.

------AL ----

,

MIKE -----    WHAT THE HECK IS AN APP???   SHOWES HOW

LITTLE I KNOW.     ---   IF IT MEANS WHAT AM I GOING TO SEND,

------  ABOUT 5 PAGES OF WORD PROCESSED  STUFF AND

3 ATTACHED PICTURES.    I DO HAVE ACCESS TO A PICTURE

SCANNER.           ------  AL  -----

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Who is your email provider?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
What comes after the @ symbol in your email address?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

MIKE------- AFTER THE @ COMCAST.NET

------- AL ----

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but either this site or my service is having problems. I will have to opt out. Another expert should be able to help you.
Expert:  webpagesby22 replied 1 year ago.

What is the make and model of your scanner?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

------HI -------- THE SCANNER IS NOT AVAILABLE TO ME AT THIS TIME. ALL I KNOW IS THAT THE IMMAGE SCANNED GOES INTO

"PHOTO IMPRESSION" THAT IS CABLED TO XXXXX

AT THIS TIME, LETS CONCENTRATE OUR ENERGY ON THE

TRANSFER OF THE DOCUMENT THAT IS STORED IN THE

"DESK TOP" FILE TO THE OUTGOING 'e MAIL. THIS SHOULD NOT

BE, IN MY ESTIMATION, A ROCKET SCIENCE MANIPULATION.

I PERSONALLY DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING BUT A FEW BASIC

MOVES ON THE MAGIC BOX ---- SO GIVE ME THE SIMPLE STEPS.

Once you have composed an email, follow these steps

Step 1

article_step
Click Add Attachment in the Email toolbar.

Step 2

article_step
If you are adding an attachment from a file on your computer, click Browse and find the file you wish to attach.

Step 3

Once you have selected the file, click Attach and Send.

Step 4

If you would like the image to appear in the message body, click the check box marked Show images in message body.

Experience: I have eight years of experience working with Macs and Windows machines in corporate enviroments.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

--22--- Mike ---- Jeff ----- et. al.

thanks for your time and help. although i spent uh,la hours with

you bunch of experts, no one seems to have had any idea of what i

wanted. you all asked a bunch of inane questions that did not seem to

focus on the simple request of a step-by-step process. ( as an example,

the question about what scanner i was using). I also noticed that no

one was able to visualize MY keyboard or tool bar indicators or arrangements. I have a macbook, and you probably cannot visualize

that "simple" . with my lack of experience, as an example, ---click

browse --- that word does not seem to show on my equipment. ----

so what should i do after a day of getting no where!----- quit, and look

elsewhere. ---- the solution, find someone that could show me what

to do ------- that i did & now the project is finished! thanks for tying

---------------- Al ------- .

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
If you are near an Apple Store you can get an appt at the Genius Bar it sounds like you need hands on help. They also have many free tutorial classes. Where are you located I just need your zip code?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

--------MIKE-------- WHEN YOU OPT OUT ON OUR FIRST DAY OF

CONTACT, I REALY THOUGHT THAT BY TURNING ME OVER TO

#22, THAT YOU COULD NOT ANSWER MY QUESTION. THEREFOR

I GAVE YOU A SCORE OF ------ 0 --------.. # XXXXX CERTAINLY TRIED

TO GIVE ME AN ANSWER TO MY STEP-BY STEP QUESTION,

BUT IT CERTAINLY DID NOT FIT MY EQUIPMENT (MCBOOK).

I JUST FEEL THAT YOU GUYS ARE SO FAR ADVANCED FROM

MY STAGE THAT YOU COULD NOT REACH DOWN THIS FAR!

I WENT ANOTHER ROUT AND DID GET AN APPLICABLE

SOLUTION. THANKS FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE. ----- AL -----

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Actually you gave that to the other expert, but thanks. I opted out because I thought there was a problem with my internet and I didn’t want you to have to wait any longer than usual, turns out it was the JustaAnswer site. Sorry.