Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  OSX certified, many years experience supporting Apple Hardware & Software
65126503

Bonjour, On ma offert un iPad que jai voulu configurer hie

Bonjour, On m'a offert un iPad que j'ai voulu configurer hier. J'ai reçu de Apple à 18h56 l' email suivant
"Chèr(e) Anne-Marie CATHERINE,
Vous avez [email protected] comme adresse électronique de contact pour votre identifiant Apple ID. Pour terminer le processus, nous devons vérifier qu’il s’agit bien de votre adresse électronique. Cliquez simplement sur le lien ci-dessous et ouvrez une session à l’aide de votre Apple ID et de votre mot de passe.
Vérifiez maintenant >"
J'ai voulu vérifier, mais je n'ai pas compris ce qu'était mon identifiant Apple, de plus l'iPad ne reconnait pas ma date de naissance 28 août 1948. J'ai bien noté et mon mot de passe et la vedette rencontrée. L'iPad est un modèle A 1416, part n° MC705NF/A, serial n°DYVJ29HTDJ8T, mon adresse email est [email protected]
Pouvez vous m'aider. Merci XXXXX XXXXX

Steve Herrod :

Bonjour - est-ce que le probleme n'est pas resolu?

Steve Herrod :

l'ID Apple est normalement l'addresse e-mail qu'on utilise

Steve Herrod :

C'est possible que nous pouvons utiliser une session a distance pour vous aider si possible?

Steve Herrod :

Cordialement

Steve Herrod :

Steve

Customer:

Hi Steve,

Customer:

I have

Customer:

I am out of my house for 3 days and my iPad is currently not connected to Wi-FI, so I have no access to the web (internet) ith my iPad plus there is no possibility of a wi-fi connection where I am. Do you work next friday (9 of november) : I will be back and can take an appointment with you any time from 8 am to 7 pm french time.
If I understand my email adress "anne-marie;[email protected]" should be my ID apple.
But I am still concerned by the that that I might have introduce a wrong date of birth;

Customer:

Hi Steve,

I am out of my house for 3 days and my iPad is currently not connected to Wi-FI, so I have no access to the web (internet) with my iPad plus there is no possibility of a wi-fi connection where I am. Do you work next friday (9 of november) : I will be back and can take an appointment with you any time from 8 am to 7 pm french time.
If I understand my email adress "anne-marie;[email protected]" should be my ID Apple.
But I am still concerned by the fact that I might have introduce a wrong date of birth.

Customer:

Hi Steve,

But I am still concerned by the fact that I might have introduced a wrong date of birth;

Sincerly

Steve Herrod :

Yes - Friday 9th is fine for me

Steve Herrod :

anytime from 9AM to10PM UK time works for me

Steve Herrod :

Let me know

Steve Herrod :

Cheers

Steve Herrod :

Steve

Customer:

Friday 9th, 9 AM UK time is perfect for me

Customer:

Kind regards, Anne-Marie

Steve Herrod :

Perfect - speak then

Steve Herrod :

Cordialement

Steve Herrod :

Steve

Customer:

Great!

Steve Herrod :

:)

Customer:

Hello, Steve,

Steve Herrod :

Good morning

Customer:

This is to summurise my problem. During the configuration of my iPad, I was asked to introduce my date of birth. When I checked my ID Apple, not realising it was my email adress, I had to introduce my date of birth and get the respons that it was wrong. How can I know if the date of birth I introduced during configuration is really wrong? If it is wrong how can I change it?

Customer:

Kind regards,Anne-Marie

Steve Herrod :

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX able to login to the Manage ID section here?

Customer:

Steve, I no nothing about computers so I have no idea how to login the manage ID section

Steve Herrod :

ok - if you click the link I just sent, it should take you to an Apple page

Steve Herrod :

where the option on the right is labelled - Manage your Apple ID

Customer:

I am currently on my personnal computer. My iPad is open . I found the link : should I go on the iPad now?

Steve Herrod :

yes, if you can get to that link and let me know what is displayed

Customer:

It is in French . there are 3 sections : one is "what is an ID Apple,", second is what should be Manage your ID as in French it is "gerer votre identifiant Apple", and last one is "create an ID Apple"

Steve Herrod :

ok - gerer votre identifiant Apple should be what we need

Customer:

Should I click on it?

Steve Herrod :

yes please

Customer:

I have introduced my ID Apple and my password. The new screem is the one saying that an email has been send to me. And that if it is wrong I can correct my ID Apple and my email adress. This is the same message I received sunday : when I checked this email I had not realised that my ID Apple was my email adress and that is how I get in the problem of date of birth.

Customer:

I have just checked : I did not received a new email, which I suppose is normal;

Steve Herrod :

ok - sounds like it might need to be amended from the Apple side

Steve Herrod :

Are you able to call them directly on this number? (33) 0825 88 80 24*

Steve Herrod :

as they will be able to check things from their side directly

Customer:

OK, I suppose it is in France and that they will speak French. I don't mind speaking english but computer things are strange for me and it may be worse in English (but still ok). Thank you for your help.I have been charge once this week. Do I have to send a credit?

Steve Herrod :

yes, they will speak French - no credit needed. If they are able to resolve your issue then I can get the charges refunded as well so that you are happy with the service

Customer:

It is fair to pay one credit as I got an answer: what was my ID Apple, plus the French Apple phone number. I let you now if I can get the answer on my date of birth from Apple France. I will do that on monday.Thank you for your help. Have a good weekend, Anne-Marie

Steve Herrod :

Thank you - if you are able to rate this answer as ok or higher then that credits me for my time but doesn't incur any additional charge

Steve Herrod :

I hope you have a great weekend too

Customer:

I am going to answer good service; Anne-Marie

Steve Herrod :

thank you :)