webpagesby22
webpagesby22, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  I have eight years of experience working with Macs and Windows machines in corporate enviroments.
61542057

i have a apple tv account in canada and have a user and password.

i have a apple tv account in canada and have a user and password. i have an apple tv setup here in palm desert where i live in the winter and i tried to use the user and password XXXXX was told on the tv that they were only good in canada. how do i set up an attunes account for the use. i tried to change on the web nd it would not let me
my use serial number is XXXXX
THANKS
TREVOR WILON

Hi Trevor,
I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your Apple TV, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Lindie

Whatever you are trying to change the country, credit card needs to have the billing address of the country you are living in. For example if you are in Canada, your credit card needs to have a billing address in Canada. The same with the US. Otherwise it will not allow you to change the country. I would also suggest trying setting up a secondary Itunes account with an Itunes card from the US set up on the account so you can have a US account. Or if its not a major issue with your credit card company change the billing on your card to your Palm Desert address. That way you can keep one account.

Let me know if you have any questions
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I would like to set up a separate USA iTunes account. Can you tell me how to do that? Would it be best to use a separate email address from my Canadian one?

If so please tell me how to set up and where to go. every time I go to itunes it automatically goes to my canadian account and it will not allow me to change counties and address and credit card. how do I go to iTunes and to end up in Canadian site

Thanks

First of all, there are a few ways it can be done. If you're looking to download both free and paid apps, you'll need to create a new iTunes account and associate it with a US-based credit card. Many users report success doing this using PayPal even when they are based outside the US and their PayPal account is linked to a non-US bank, as long as their PayPal credit/debit card is set to US currency. Without testing this approach, it's hard to comment, but if you've tried please let us know how it went in the comments. Another option is to purchase a pre-paid Mastercard gift card.

If you're just looking to download free apps and have the ability to redeem promo codes, then matters get significantly more simple. In fact, Apple has instructions for you, but before you follow them you need to make sure you are not logged into your existing iTunes account, and you are on the US App Store. The following instructions are how to do it in iTunes on a Mac; Windows should be similar:

In the menu in iTunes, click Store > Sign Out
Click on the App Store link in the left sidebar of iTunes to open an App Store page
Scroll to the bottom, and click on the icon of your country's flag at the bottom right
On the following page, scroll to the bottom and choose United States
Follow Apple's instructions to create an iTunes App Store account without a credit card
Be aware that you will not be able to download updates to any apps you install while logged in to your US account unless you are logged in with that account. It's a bit of a hassle to have to switch back and forth between your native country login and your US one.
Experience: I have eight years of experience working with Macs and Windows machines in corporate enviroments.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I think you might have misunderstood ny question andproblem

it has nothing to with method of payment.

I want o be able to se my apple TV here in palm desert but when I put in my password XXXXX says" this password XXXXX XXXXX for canadian store"

I want o be aBLe to use my us apple tv..how do I do that