webpagesby22, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  I have eight years of experience working with Macs and Windows machines in corporate enviroments.

I am trying to connect a usb to serial connector to my MacPro.

I am trying to connect a usb to serial connector to my MacPro. I have installed the driver as per instructions (Prolific PL2300 v1.4.0). It does not recognize the device. When I go to my /dev directory it is not listed. I also have an iMac with the same equipment and driver installed and it works fine. My Macbook Pro is running OS X 10.8.2 (12C60), 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3. Any suggestions?

Give these drivers a try. They are for Mountain Lion drivers for serial connections
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am unable to get to the link. It shows up incomplete in the answer. After /Drivers it is ...n_

What is the complete link address?

Sorry for the wait. Here is another link for the driver download. Let me know if you have any issues with the driver