Tom, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  8 years experience as a Mac administrator for a college

Hi, John, I have a Mac OS X, Version 10.4.11 (with a processor

Customer Question

Hi, John,
I have a Mac OS X, Version 10.4.11 (with a processor that is 2GHz intel core 2 duo and memory of 1GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM

I would like to upgrade the system. What are my options?

Thanks a bunch!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using

In order to upgrade you will need snow leopard as a starting point. You can order it by calling Apple at 1-800-MY-APPLE (It's about $129)
After installation, Click on the apple in the top left of the screen and choose software update to update your machine to 10.6.8

To upgrade further you will need more memory.

You would need to install more memory (ram) in order to run Lion or Mountain Lion.
You can get ram here

Once you have snow leopard and more ram. You can then use the App Store to upgrade to Mountain Lion.

******You can also purchase moutain lion on Amazon. Click on the following link
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks a bunch for your assistance. How much more RAM (memory) should I get in order to upgrade it to mountain lion? Currently, I have 1GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM.

Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
I would get either 2GB or 4GB. You need at least 2GB to run mountain lion. The more ram the better.

Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
Let me know if you have any addional questions. If you do not please rate the service (hopefully 3 or more) and have a great Mac day