John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry

My apple iPhone 4s has been taken from my flat. T mobile tel

Customer Question

My apple iPhone 4s has been taken from my flat. T mobile tel XXXXXXXXXXX can u lock it or wipe it for me please.
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 3 years ago.
Hello! My name is John, I will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Don't forget the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating my service only and not this website itself or your issue.

Hello, do I understand clearly that you had the FInd My iPhone app installed?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes I have app on my 3GS but by now the apps on the 4s may have changed. Name of person was a miss mercer.
The only way for you to lock or wipe the phone is if it can still be found.

You can sign in to the following site to see if the device is still registered with the service.

If your iPhone is registered there and the person who has it now has not removed it from the network, you can send it messages, track it's location and remotely wipe your personal data off the drive.

If you are running iOS 6 or later you will also have access to Lost mode. While in Lost mode, your device will keep track of where it’s been and report back to you any time you check in with the Find My iPhone app.

Whether it can be found or not, your next step is to suspend data service so that others can not use the phone. You would need to contact your cellular provider for this.

Note: Due to security reasons, I can not do any of this for you. It is between you and the phone company.

Hopefully, this info will answer your question and if so please don't forget to rate my service

Register Here
. If you continue to have questions on this topic, do not rate yet, just reply back to this discussion. I will be more than happy to work with you further.

Thanks and good luck,