John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry

Customer Question

I am getting an error message from that Safari

Safari can’t open the page “;+&explanation=+++%7B37%3A418%7D” because Safari can’t find the server “”.
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 3 years ago.
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

Don't forget the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating my service only and not this website itself or your issue.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the answer is not a good one. It's not an error on your computer - the server “” literally no longer exists as an accessible page on the internet.

Qualcomm is no longer supporting previous commercial releases of Eudora and this is a side effect of that.

You may wish to move to another email program or try the Open Source version of Eudora:

Hopefully, this info will answer your question and if so please don't forget to rate my service . If you continue to have questions on this topic, do not rate yet, just reply back to this discussion. I will be more than happy to work with you further.

Thanks and good luck,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

But I have been using Eudora frequently over the last 10 fact used it yesterday. So what is going on? It downloads email correctly.

The error stems from the fact that a sub-domain on the internet is no longer active.

This is the site in question:

You'll note a similar server error if you try to access it by clicking the link above. This doesn't mean something has changed locally with your version of the application but rather with the site it accesses. It appears Eudora is trying to access a Help page on the internet that no longer exists.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Eudora should have contacted me. Therefore, I will expect that Eudora will pay for your service. I will only pay for your service if the Eudora OSE works on my MacG5 system with MacOS 10.5.8. Otherwise, I feel that your service did not offer anything that fixes my system at this time. If the change over to the new Eudora takes too much time I will move to a completely different mail tool.

There seems to be some confusion here. JustAnswer is not affiliated with Eurdora at all and is not the cause of your issue.

I can understand your frustration but it is entirely outside of my control.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I understand that, but I did not expect that such would happen overnight. I will now try to contact Eudora to find out if the new version that you indicated actually works on MacOS 10.5.8. I have tried some of their new versions a few years ago and they failed to function completely. I think I need a company that will commit to their product and let me know if they are discontinuing it.

I am not blaming you, as I agree this is out of your scope, but the solution that Eudora suggests may not be good enough for my current system.

Thanks for your help. I will provide your rating on the next response that you provide.

Are you aware of what Mac platforms and operating systems that OSE works on?

According to the readme, the following is supported. Note, however, that Qualcomm has essentially "dumped" the original Eudora. "Eudora OSE" is a branded version of Thunderbird with some extra features added by the Eudora developers.

Operating Systems
- Mac OS X 10.4.x and later

Minimum Hardware
- Macintosh computer with an Intel x86 or PowerPC G3, G4, or G5 processor
- 256 MB RAM (Recommended: 512 MB RAM or greater)
- 200 MB hard drive space

I must ask why I was rated for poor service when I provided you with accurate information? You should be rating my service, not events outside of my control.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Accurate information that explains that I have to install yet another version of Eudora is not what I thought I was going to pay for, hence I may not even try OSE, but rather go to another mail tool and move forward. The service that John provided was not acceptable to me as I feel that Eudora should have contacted me prior to their pulling the plug on my service. This fact alone tell me I should drop anything that Eudora produces now or in the future.

I suspect that John could have solved other issues that I have spent my own time solving by working with Apple, Schwab, Oracle/Java, and other providers, hence I will consider returning to Just Answer in the future and maybe John will help me again and more than meet my expectations on solving the problem

without changing applications.

This is my last reply. Thanks John and sorry I used your valuable time.

I'm sorry but I'm not following the logic here. My service is not acceptable because a company I have no afffiliation with did not contact you? You are rating my service based on the actions of something that has nothing to do with me. Additionally, a bad rating does not equal a refund, if that was what you were after.

I can only provide "answers" not control the actions of other organizations.