John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry

I deleted 1 file and all of my projects, folders and albums

Customer Question

I deleted 1 file and all of my projects, folders and albums disappeared. I found them in the trash randomly mixed with over 2000 other files. Can my projects folders and albums be returned as they were without picking them out one at a time ?
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

Don't forget the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating my service only and not this website itself or your issue.

How did you delete the first file and from where?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was working in aperture 3 with about 25 files I was deleting those which I wanted to get rid of, one at a time. I clicked on one and thats when everything disappeared except the remaining files I was working on.

Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, Bob.

Is the project still in the Aperture Trash? Then you can restore it by selecting it in the Trash, ctrl-clicking it and selecting "Put Back" from the pop-up menu.

If you emptied the Trash, the project will be in the System Trash on your Mac's Dock. You'll need to move the project or other files to the Desktop and reimport it to Aperture.

Hopefully, this info will answer your question and if so please don't forget to rate my service . If you continue to have questions on this topic, do not rate yet, just reply back to this discussion. I will be more than happy to work with you further.

Thanks and good luck,
John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience: 20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I know that I can do that. My problem is that ALL of the files in each category, projects, folders, and albums totaling about 75 in all are SCATTERED in NO particular order among 2000 other files that were previously deleted over a period of a few months. I was hoping to avoid going threw the 2075 to pick out the 75 that just got dumped. that could take forever. Thanks.

Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Do I assume correctly that these files are in the OS X Trash and not in Aperture's Trash?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

there in the aperture trash but all mixed in with 2000 others totally out of order.

Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, it sounds like you ran into an unknown problem when deleting that caused this issue and there is no feature available that is prepared to handle this type of request sadly.

If you'd like I can open this question to other Experts to see if they have any creative ideas?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX appreciate your help. I'll try bringing it in to my apple store.

I am satisfied with your help, obviously we could not resolve the problem so I will click not satisfied so I don't get charged $58:00. but thank you.

Bob.

l

Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Please do not rate me badly this does not effect any refund. That is a separate request.

Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi John, I hope I'm not missing something, you said I can go to the trash control click on the project and selecting it. To be clear, approximately 75 pictures, some in a folder, some in albums and some in projects all got dumped in the trash in no particular order spread out among 2000 other files that I deleted over the past few months. My problem is still going back into the trash and FIRST identifying each individual picture first, many of which are very similar to each other. none of the pics are in any type of grouping at all. I think all I can do at this point is to start going threw the 2000 files and rechoosing what I want to save, right ? Thanks again.

Bob

Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Bob. Yes, sadly there is not a way to specifically/automatically choose the items deleted last, etc...