Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.

3 weeks ago my hard drive died. I lost all the music I had

3 weeks ago my hard drive died. I lost all the music I had collected. Is there any way you may have a record of what I purchased from you? I am sad to have lost some quite old stuff. thanks, chc

1. Open iTunes 10.6 or later on your computer. (You can download the latest version of iTunes here.)
  2. If you're not already signed in, click Sign In, and enter your Apple ID and password.
  3. After you've signed in, click Purchased on the right side in the iTunes Store under the QUICK LINKS section.

4. Click purchased on the quick links menu

5. From your Purchased page, click the tab for the content type you're looking for (Music, Movies, TV Shows, Apps, or Books).

6. Choose your content

7. Click Songs or Albums to change the page view and All or "Not in My Library" to view your purchased content that currently is not downloaded on your computer.
  8. Click the download icon to the right of each item to download that item.

A download icon

Note: If you want to download previously purchased items that are already in your library, you'll need to remove them before the download icon will appear. Learn how to delete an item from your library in iTunes 10 for Mac or Windows.

Please reply and let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have zilch, none in my i-tunes. All was gone when hard drive died.

I will now try some of the directions to see if I can get the tunes back from a list of previous purchases. Do NOT want to pay again. chc

OK, please try my previous suggestion, then let me know. You do not need to pay for your previous purchased music again. Thank you