Nick H.
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.

I converted my Itunes library to MP3s so I could sync them

Customer Question

I converted my Itunes library to MP3's so I could sync them to my Garmin. Now I have duplicates and still dont know how to get them on my Garmin devise
Category: Mac
Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Hi and welcomed to

My name is Nick. I will assist you with your issues.

When connect your Garmin to your computer, do you see the Garmin as an external hard drive?

Do you have Mac or PC?

If PC, is it using Windows XP, Vista or 7?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I can see the drive. I have a PC, windows 7. The biggest problem is the duplicates in Itunes, I would like to transfer the mp3 format and not have all the duplicates. I think they also go into windows media player, I can transfer to the garmin from there. But dont want all these duplicates.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your info.

How did convert your files to MP3? Using iTunes or another program?

Do you know where your songs are located?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I used I tunes, but I have deleted all the duplicates, which means I deleted the mp3 files. I believe they are stored in the windows media player. The mp3s are still there. So I have duplicates still in the wmp.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.

If you still have the MP3 files on WMP, open the Garmin and drag your music to Garmin SD Card. That will copy your files to Garmin so you can play on it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I understand that, but you have to open each song to see which is the MP3. I will figure this out. You have not been helpful.