Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I want to sync my old iPhone, which is now just my iPod, to

I want to sync my old iPhone, which is now just my iPod, to my new mac. It's not letting me transfer songs from my old laptop onto my new mac. Help!
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

Do you have the songs on your Mac ? Or do you want to transfer the songs from your Old iPhone to your Mac ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I want to transfer songs from my old lap top and old iPhone.

I have some songs on my Mac but they are there because i re downloaded them from my iTunes account, which i have set up on my Mac.

If you sync your Old iPhone with your Mac, everything on your iPhone will be erased with the contents of your Mac since the iPhone is synced with different computer. You can sync your iPhone with only one computer at a time.

Do you have a External Hard Drive or Flash Drive ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I do not. Would a usb do the same thing?

Yes. You can move the iTunes Library from your old computer to your Mac. Then you can simply sync your iPhone with your Mac. What is the size/capacity of your USB Drive ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't have one of me right now. I was hoping i could put everything on my iphone and just transfer it over.

If i find a USB big enough what is the process of transferring everything over? Do i use "Finder"?

No, you can't transfer with iPhone. That simply won't work. There are several ways to transfer the Library. The easiest way is, use the Migration Assistant. Make sure both computers are connected to same network. Then download and install the Apple Migration Assistant on your PC from here :

Then open Migration Assistant application on your Mac from Applications > Utilities folder and follow the onscreen instructions.

Refer this article :

Let me know if that didn't work, so we can manually move the iTunes Library with USB Drive if you get one. Let me know when you get it and I will walk you through the steps.

Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will try this when i have the network set up on both laptops. I hope this works as i have been trying for 2 weeks by myself.

There are several other ways to move the Library. Follow the steps below to tranfer the Library with a USB Flash Drive

First make sure that the "Keep iTunes Media folder organized" option is selected in iTunes Preferences:

1. In your old computer, open iTunes and from the Edit menu, choose Preferences.
  2. In the resulting window, click the Advanced button.
  3. Select the "Keep iTunes Media folder organized" checkbox.
  4. Click OK.

Once you've done that, follow the steps below;
  1. Go to your iTunes Music folder on your computer (In My Documents > My Music > iTunes > iTunes Music)
  2. Copy this entire folder to the usb drive.
  3. Then connect the drive to your Mac
  4. Copy the iTunes Media Folder from your USB Drive to the Music folder in your Home folder
  5. Open iTunes
  6. Choose File > Add to Library...Select the Music folder in the library.
  7. Then click on File menu, select Library and click Organize Library.

You can find the other methods in here :

Please let meknow if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.

Hi there, Could you please tell me why did you rated me as Poor Service ? Please let me know if the above solution didn't work, I will gladly continue to help you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Why have i been charged another $91.00 onto my credit card?

Unforunately, I don't know. I have no control over your account nor I do make charges here. I can only answer questions here. Is that is the reason you left me Negative Rating ? That Negative Rating will badly affect my reputation here. Could you please change it to OK Service and I will request JustAnswer to refund all your money.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The reason I gave you a poor rating was because your service wasn't THAT helpful. I was expecting a lot more help, understandable responses and what I received did not help me.

The persistent emails and countless notifications days after the 'service' was most frustrating and completely uncalled for. That is what made the service annoying and unhelpful.

I'm really sorry for the incovenience. You should have told me if you have any trouble following the steps and I would be more than happy to continue to help you. That is just the first answer and not the last. You could ask me as many questions you want and I will stay with you until we fix the problem.