Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Locked by Customer Service

Customer Question

I am in need of some info please. I own an I-pad 2 and was trying to update me apps and it cannot be done due to the fact that it has not been updated to IOS5 or higher. What should I do? I certainly do not want to lose any of the content on my I-pad.
Thank you very much.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

You can only update from your computer. Do you have iTunes installed on your computer ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Connect your iPad to your computer and open iTunes. Right Click on your iPad under Devices column in iTunes and select Backup. This will backup your iPad. Then click the Update button in there (under Summary tab).

If this is the first time you are syncing your iPad with iTunes, everything on your iPad will be replaced the libary of iTunes.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expertise am a car traveling. My computer at home is a Dell. I have an I- phone which won't help either. Can't u install what ever needs to be done from where u are? I would never be able to follow your instructions .
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Sorry, but the iOS 5 can be only downloaded from a Computer. You can download applications from your iPad itself, but the iOS software can only be installed from a computer. That is how Apple designed it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I will have to wait till I return from our trip. This was a total bust and lose of $. U should have told me from the beginning that a computer was needed to solve the problem. I oldi u I was a novice .I paid $ for nothing
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Well, I already told you that. I said this in my first response "You can only update from your computer. Do you have iTunes installed on your computer ?"

This is not my fault. Anyway, you can contact Cutomer Service's email at [email protected] for refund or you can get refund from here : http://www.justanswer.com/refund/refund-1-2/refund.aspx

Please don't rate me as Bad or Poor Service or anything to process refund.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Paid the $58 & was in car traveling & did not have access to my computer. Please help me.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.