David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc, H.Dip, Apple Certified
39216975

my laptop which is 8 year old was updated yesterday by a helpful

my laptop which is 8 year old was updated yesterday by a helpful talktalk tech. It nowperforms better. However, my I Pad 2 is now unable to connect to my Modem. Can you help
Category: Mac
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible. What model router are you using? What happens when you try to connect?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Modem mode Echo Life 520s. When I try to connect to my I Pad 2 it asks for my password. Tried my password (and all old ones). Shows unable to join network Dismiss.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Ok look for a sticker with some info on the modem/router can you give me all that info please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Tag on back of modem mac 001BE 6480F4

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Does it say security key, network key, passphrase or anything like that anywhere on it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, other than the serial number 21530300878K7A028487 nothing else.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Did you set it up or did your internet provider?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Unsure......probably me

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all experts.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

o.k i await some other response.

Expert:  David replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions.

Is your computer connected wirelessly?

If so, is it PC or Mac, and which version number of operating system?

Thank you in advance.

Yours sincerely,
David.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you David, Yes computer is connected wirelessly. It is MAC. MOdem Model Echo-Life HG.520s. Tag number on back MAC 001BE-6480F4. Does this Help ?

Expert:  David replied 2 years ago.

Click the Airport icon in the top right, and make a note of the name of the network that is ticked.

Then open the Applications folder,and open Utilities.

Double click Keychain Access, and select login keychain.

Look for the name of your network from the Airport menu, and double click it.

Then tick the box, Show Password. Enter your account password.

Now try joining your network on your iPad using that password.

Let me know if this fails or of there are further questions or problems, I will come straight back to you.

Yours sincerely,
David.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

David,, I can not see airport Icon. Is`this on my Laptop and where ?

Expert:  David replied 2 years ago.

It's on your Mac, sorry for the ambiguity.

Yours sincerely,
David.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am still not connected` with my I pad. I appreciate your trying to help. what else do yousuggest before I finish and send rating. ???

Expert:  David replied 2 years ago.

I have a lot of suggestions, please don't rate yet without trying all I have.

Next tap Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings.

When reset, try to join again with the password XXXXX Keychain Access, and let me know what happens if it fails.

I appreciate your patience.

Yours sincerely,
David.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have followed. as far as reset net work settings. A note comes up saying "This will delete all network settings returning them to factory defaults" Do I RESET or CANCEL ?

Expert:  David replied 2 years ago.

Click Reset.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Keychain access, sorry where and how ?

Expert:  David replied 2 years ago.

Keychain Access is on your Mac. Click Finder, then click the Go menu at the top of the screen. Click Applications, and open Utilities. Double click Keychain Access.

Thank you!

Yours sincerely,
David.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

David, you Have been so patient, I give in.....but will rate you highly for trying so so hard with my problem. Good Luck, Les.

Expert:  David replied 2 years ago.
Hi Les,

Thank you very much. If you decide a tea break, and a break are needed, you can come back to me and I will continue working this out with you. If your unsure on Keychain Access steps, I can give them in more detailed step by step fashion, just let me know.

Yours sincerely,
David.
David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: BSc, H.Dip, Apple Certified