Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I have a 17 inch Macbook Pro (2010) with OS X version 10.6.8, I

Customer Question

I have a 17 inch Macbook Pro (2010) with OS X version 10.6.8,
I need to upgrade 10.7 in order to load Osinix. Need help
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is Ashik and I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

Unfortunately, Apple is no longer selling the 10.7 Lion, but you can buy the Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and install it from AppStore.

If you want the 10.7 Lion, then you can buy the Lion Thumb Drive from here :

FYI 10.8 Mountaion Lion is cheaper than 10.7 Lion

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.