David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc H.Dip Apple Certified Professional

RA hg

Customer Question

My Macbook freezes and must be "force quit" when I try to BUY BOOK with iphoto. I tried yesterday and the computer froze int he middle of downloading the material. Now my computer is slow and having trouble with everything!
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 3 years ago.
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

Don't forget the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating my service only and not this website itself or your issue.

Can you tell me what version of OS X you are currently running? Click the Apple logo in the menubar and choose About This Mac.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OSX version 10.7.5

Thanks Judith.

First try the following to see if it improves the situation. If it does not, just reply back for further troubleshooting.

Shutdown your Mac.

Restart and as soon as you hear the Startup chime, press and hold the SHIFT key until you see the Apple logo and progress indicator. Then, let go of the Shift key and let it boot to the Desktop.

Restart you Mac and, as soon as you hear the startup chime, hold COMMAND + R keys until you see the Apple logo and progress indicator (or the “OPTION” key at boot and select the “Recovery HD" option in the boot menu).

Wait for “Mac OS X Utilities” menu to appear

Choose Disk Utility from the available options.

In Disk Utility, select your normal, bootable hard drive volume from the list in the sidebar(usually "Macintosh HD").

Then, Click "Repair Disk"

If it finds errors, repeat the process until it reports the drive is OK.

Next, click "Repair Disk Permissions"

Then, restart your Mac and it should boot back into your normal Desktop.

Now, check for improvement of your issues.

Hopefully, this info will answer your question. If you continue to have questions on this topic, do not rate yet, just reply back to this discussion. I will be more than happy to work with you further.

Thanks and good luck,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did as you asked but it still froze when I went to "buy book."

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Relist: Inaccurate answer. I still do not ave an answer for why my computer freezes when I "buy book" in iPhoto.

This is taking too long--please disconnect me. I do not expect any charges.

Expert:  David replied 3 years ago.
Hi my name is David. I am an expert with Just Answer, and will do whatever I possibly can to answer your questions.

Are there any small yellow warning triangles visible in the corners of any images in your iPhoto Book?

Have you tried rebuilding iPhoto? Or test with a new, test iPhoto Book?

If you have resolved your issue I understand, and if you would still like me to send your request to Customer Service I can.

Yours sincerely,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would still like help.

I have tried to buy other books-same thing happens.

Expert:  David replied 3 years ago.

Were you able to see any warning triangles, in the corner of any picture in the final draft of the book?

If not, you should test this in a test iPhoto Library.

Put all of the pictures you expect to put in the book, into a new iPhoto Album.

Export those to a New Folder on the Desktop.

Create a new iPhoto Library, using these steps:

Then import your folder of pictures for your book, and create and try to publish it to the Apple Print Store.

Let me know how it goes.